As of 2016, Danmer has now dedicated itself to 40 years of service to your neighborhood. We simply design, manufacturing and install the finest custom window coverings in the world. From innovative product design, to unsurpassed quality and relentless attention to detail, Danmer delivers the best products and customer service in the industry.
PLUS: We bring the showroom to you! Danmer believes that selecting new shutters for your home should be fun and relaxing, never stressful. That’s why our experienced and friendly Danmer representatives are available to visit your home, show you all the options, walk you through the Danmer process, and then deliver and install our top-of- the-line products directly to you. There’s no crowded showrooms to travel to! That’s the Danmer Difference!
Danmer is ready to accommodate all of your window covering needs. Contact us 24/7 at (800) 684-3434 to set up your free in-home consultation, or visit any of our 25+ SoCal locations to see the difference that Danmer can make in YOUR home.
Do you have any windows that are shaped or sized a little differently than the norm? Perhaps you have arched, circular, ovals or sunburst shaped windows. Maybe you have very large sliding doors or windows. Fortunately, all of Danmer’s window coverings are custom made and fit to your windows, ANY SHAPE, ANY SIZE, ANY OPENING.
- Custom Plantation Shutters (made from Thermalite, Ultraluxe or Custom Wood materials) will be made to fit your windows seamlessly and add style and elegance to every room in your home.
- Applause® Honeycomb Shades from our Hunter Douglas Collection look great on a variety of window shapes and are available in a number of fabrics, colors and operating systems.
Hunter Douglas Blinds are precision crafted for style and functionality throughout your home, and customized to fit odd shaped windows flawlessly.
Danmer understands how difficult it can be to sift through hundreds of styles and designs. That’s why our representatives are standing by 24/7 at (800) 684-3434 to answer your questions and help you find the perfect treatments for your home.
- Fashionalbly festive foods. Add a decorative twist, like red and blue berries to cakes or presenting watermelon wedges on a stick to reinforce the colorful red-white-blue theme of the 4th.
- Red, white, and beautiful drinks. Click here for inspired 4th of July beverages – both cocktails and non-alcoholic drinks – that’ll keep your guests cool and all set for the day’s entertainment.
- Declaration of entertainment. What’s the best way to pass time between eating and fireworks? Party games, of course! There are tons of kid-friendly 4th of July activities available — from scavenger hunts to epic water balloon battles — to keep the family entertained until the main event.
- Location, Location, Location. Whether you’re watching this year’s free displays from your backyard, or you’re enjoying the brilliant spectacles in a park or other public environment, two things are certain: safety is important, and a good view is crucial! Always research both aspects before choosing a spot for your picnic.
OK, so if you’re staying at home with your family or having some friends over, you can still often see lots of festivities and fireworks right out your windows. Danmer’s custom shutters and window coverings, proudly made in assembled in the USA, are designed to frame your windows with style and elegance so that you can get a full view of the action when desired, and shut it out when you’re finished for the night (and any other night, for that matter).
However you decide to celebrate, Danmer wishes your family a safe and happy 4th of July! Call us anytime at (800) 684-3434 to learn more about our custom window coverings and set up your free in-home consultation.
Did you know that you could get up to $500 in Federal Tax Credit just for installing selected window coverings into your home this year? The trick is to select the products that qualify for this Tax Credit and then have them installed before the end of the calendar year (in other words, before December 31, 2016). The good news is that Danmer offers a Custom Shutters option and a Hunter Douglas Shade option that both qualify for this tax credit.
Here’s the back-story: Back in 2009, President Obama signed The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. This “stimulus bill” included a federal tax credit on selected energy efficient products for the home purchased during 2009 and 2010. Although the original law has expired, The Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act of 2015 reinstated the federal tax credit for calendar year 2016. The home must be your principal residence.
Danmer’s patented Thermalite Shutter Insulating System qualifies for this program, as these shutters are manufactured to the criteria established as an “Eligible Building Envelope Component” and classified as an “insulation material or system” as defined in Section 4.01 of IRS Notice 2009-53. Thermalite Shutters are distributed exclusively by Danmer. CLICK HERE to learn more about Thermalite and HERE for the Hunter Douglas Shades that qualify for the Tax Credit. You can also review the Manufacturer’s Certification Statement and the simple FAQ page about the tax credit program here at www.danmer.com/2016taxcredit
If you add this tax credit to the ‘Buy One and then Get One” offer currently on the Danmer site, there may never be a better time to add elegance to your home at a great price. Call us at (888) 420-9892 to schedule your in-home design quote.
Ordering custom window shutters can be a bit daunting! With so many styles, colors, and varieties, it can be hard to determine which would be best for your home. The best tip? ALWAYS consult with an industry professional before making such a decision, but here’s some advice to help you separate the outstanding from the inferior:
- Many shutter companies claim their products are made in the USA, but in reality, most of them are built from foreign parts and only assembled in the USA. Ask about this!
- Several shutter companies use materials that are not environmental friendly, and in fact are composed of substances such as glued wood chips and formaldehyde. Not good!
- Some shutter companies use hollow vinyl end caps and weak plastic clips to secure their shutters. These items will not last long and will need repair and adjustment regularly.
- There’s only one company that can build and install genuine Thermalite and Ultraluxe Shutters, which are patented and considered the industry’s finest Shutters.
- Look for a Diamond Coat finish on the Shutters, using a non-toxic, water based material which is safer for your family.
- ALWAYS insist on a transferrable warranty, one that will actually add value to your home when you resell the property.
You can also download a copy of Danmer’s Shutter buying checklist called “ the 8 Questions that Most Shutter Companies Don’t Want You to Ask Them” Download it here. Visit us online at www.danmer.com or call us 24/7 at (800) 684-3434 to experience the Danmer Difference.
We’re fast approaching the mid-point of 2016, so it’s interesting to see which home trends are thriving in the zeitgeist. Here are five of the hottest trends likely to become kitchen staples for years to come:
– Ying, yang, and neutral tones Black, white, earthy grays and coffee-shaded browns are being used regularly to enhance kitchen spaces and create a more relaxing atmosphere.
– 21st Century accessibility. As with many rooms in the home, the kitchen is evolving to meet our technological needs. For example, charging stations and hand-free phone and tablet mounts are helping to make recipes and cooking videos more easily accessible.
– Functionality. Much like the need for technological accessibility, kitchens are also evolving to accommodate our other needs. The addition of small nooks and ports for refuse, wine refrigerators, and coffee making stations are popping up all over the place.
– Luxury-rugged. As with cabinetry, many kitchens are adopting rougher-looking materials, sans ornamentation, for a sleek, smooth look. Hardwood floors and black slate tiles are a great example of this, and fit well with many custom decors.
Whether undertaking a full kitchen renovation, or just freshening one up, don’t forget to include your window treatments in your epic home transformation. Did you know that Damner specifically color matches custom shutters to fit your home decor perfectly? Visit us online at www.danmer.com, or call us at (800) 684-3434 to set up your free in-home consultation.
When it comes to your kids, safety is all-important. So did you know that selecting the wrong window coverings can be lethal to infants and young children? Blinds and shades with cords have been responsible for over 500 child strangulations in the last decade alone. Here are a few critical things to know:
- Over five million window coverings have been recalled in recent years. Make sure to do your homework before ordering ANY window coverings in your home where children are present.
- Horizontal blinds with cords are most responsible for child deaths and injuries. Shutters are the safest window coverings since there are no cords.
- Strangulation and injury caused by unsecured cords and loops can happen quickly and silently in any room.
- The Good News: There are ways to make window coverings safer for children, including retractable lift cords, cord tensioners, wand controls, and cordless or motorized operating systems. Of course, buying window coverings that have no cords at all, such as shutters, is the safest choice.
- Danmer offers FREE Upgrades making your blinds and shades Kid-Safe and Cordless.
Danmer makes child safety a top priority. Our Window Covering Experts are here to assist you 24 hours a day in choosing family-safe Blinds, Shades and Shutters for every room in your home. Visit us at www.danmer.com or call us at (800) 684-3434 to set up your free in-home consultation.
Where one school of design favors bright yellows, reds, and greens to usher in the excitement of spring, another, and perhaps more popular one, relies on more muted colors, such as black, lilac gray, and coffee-like shades of brown. In a year where relaxation and “unplugging” from a world run by technology are key, these monochromatic tones help compliment the lines and shapes created by a sleeker, more streamlined decor. This can include anything from angular and symmetrical arrangements of art and accessories, to the big and blocky furniture that is making a comeback in many homes — all with attention to the relaxation and comfort that many homeowners seek today.
In the kitchen, black stainless steel appliances are becoming very popular and may make their way into many modern kitchens in the near future. And why not? The black appliances look great against gray cabinetry and the other muted colors that we’ve adopted this year.
However you present your home for the remainder of 2016, don’t forget one of the most important details: windows. The light that comes in will directly effect the colors and objects you’ve worked so hard to display. With proper window coverings, the windows, themselves, become part of the decor! For example: shutters, one of the most popular treatments, can add to the square/rectangular motifs, while also applying their lines, textures, and dimensions to your room in any color, shape, or custom design of your choosing.
Visit us at www.danmer.com or call us at (800) 684-3434 to speak to trained professionals who are excited to help you find the right window coverings for your decor and budget!
Don’t ever settle for “cookie-cutter” stock items when it comes to Shutters, or any window coverings, for that matter. That can be a recipe for disaster! Danmer Shutters are custom made by expert craftsmen for your home specifications right in our own facility here in the U.S.A.
When you order window coverings from Danmer, our friendly and experienced Window Covering Specialists are dedicated to making sure that your experience is fun and relaxing, never stressful.
During your free in-home consultation, we’ll bring the show room to you! Danmer’s representative will show you all of the available options so you can select just the right window coverings for your home. Your Danmer representative will help you with all you need ton know such as colors, styles, light control, energy efficiency, and cost. No Cookie-cutter approach from Danmer. That’s the Danmer Difference!
Danmer will then deliver and install your shutters with the fastest turnaround time in the industry! We can do this because we make your Shutters right here in our own factory to your specifications. The results are elegant custom shutters that are safe, energy efficient, easy to clean, and guaranteed to increase the value of your home.
For over 30 years, Danmer has been committed to designing and building the finest shutters in the world, while treating every customer like they are friends and family. Give us a call at (800) 684-3434 to learn what Danmer can do for you.