Did you know that July is National Picnic Month, and just in case you’re throwing your own star spangled 4th of July shindig, here are 5 tips that will make sure your celebration is one for the ages!
- Fashionalbly festive foods. Add a decorative twist, like red and blue berries to cakes or presenting watermelon wedges on a stick to reinforce the colorful red-white-blue theme of the 4th.
- Declaration of entertainment. What’s the best way to pass time between eating and fireworks? Party games, of course! There are tons of kid-friendly 4th of July activities available — from scavenger hunts to epic water balloon battles — to keep the family entertained until the main event.
- Location, Location, Location. Whether you’re watching this year’s free displays from your backyard, or you’re enjoying the brilliant spectacles in a park or other public environment, two things are certain: safety is important, and a good view is crucial! Always research both aspects before choosing a spot for your picnic.
OK, so if you’re staying at home with your family or having some friends over, you can still often see lots of festivities and fireworks right out your windows. Danmer’s custom shutters and window coverings, proudly made in assembled in the USA, are designed to frame your windows with style and elegance so that you can get a full view of the action when desired, and shut it out when you’re finished for the night (and any other night, for that matter).
However you decide to celebrate, Danmer wishes your family a safe and happy 4th of July! Call us anytime at (800) 684-3434 to learn more about our custom window coverings and set up your free in-home consultation.
Did you know that you could get up to $500 in Federal Tax Credit just for installing selected window coverings into your home this year? The trick is to select the products that qualify for this Tax Credit and then have them installed before the end of the calendar year (in other words, before December 31, 2016). The good news is that Danmer offers a Custom Shutters option and a Hunter Douglas Shade option that both qualify for this tax credit.
Here’s the back-story: Back in 2009, President Obama signed The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. This “stimulus bill” included a federal tax credit on selected energy efficient products for the home purchased during 2009 and 2010. Although the original law has expired, The Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act of 2015 reinstated the federal tax credit for calendar year 2016. The home must be your principal residence.
Danmer’s patented Thermalite Shutter Insulating System qualifies for this program, as these shutters are manufactured to the criteria established as an “Eligible Building Envelope Component” and classified as an “insulation material or system” as defined in Section 4.01 of IRS Notice 2009-53. Thermalite Shutters are distributed exclusively by Danmer. CLICK HERE to learn more about Thermalite and HERE for the Hunter Douglas Shades that qualify for the Tax Credit. You can also review the Manufacturer’s Certification Statement and the simple FAQ page about the tax credit program here at www.danmer.com/2016taxcredit
If you add this tax credit to the ‘Buy One and then Get One” offer currently on the Danmer site, there may never be a better time to add elegance to your home at a great price. Call us at (888) 420-9892 to schedule your in-home design quote.
Ordering custom window shutters can be a bit daunting! With so many styles, colors, and varieties, it can be hard to determine which would be best for your home. The best tip? ALWAYS consult with an industry professional before making such a decision, but here’s some advice to help you separate the outstanding from the inferior:
- Many shutter companies claim their products are made in the USA, but in reality, most of them are built from foreign parts and only assembled in the USA. Ask about this!
- Several shutter companies use materials that are not environmental friendly, and in fact are composed of substances such as glued wood chips and formaldehyde. Not good!
- Some shutter companies use hollow vinyl end caps and weak plastic clips to secure their shutters. These items will not last long and will need repair and adjustment regularly.
- Look for a Diamond Coat finish on the Shutters, using a non-toxic, water based material which is safer for your family.
- ALWAYS insist on a transferrable warranty, one that will actually add value to your home when you resell the property.
You can also download a copy of Danmer’s Shutter buying checklist called “ the 8 Questions that Most Shutter Companies Don’t Want You to Ask Them” Download it here. Visit us online at www.danmer.com or call us 24/7 at (800) 684-3434 to experience the Danmer Difference.
We’re fast approaching the mid-point of 2016, so it’s interesting to see which home trends are thriving in the zeitgeist. Here are five of the hottest trends likely to become kitchen staples for years to come:
– Ying, yang, and neutral tones Black, white, earthy grays and coffee-shaded browns are being used regularly to enhance kitchen spaces and create a more relaxing atmosphere.
– 21st Century accessibility. As with many rooms in the home, the kitchen is evolving to meet our technological needs. For example, charging stations and hand-free phone and tablet mounts are helping to make recipes and cooking videos more easily accessible.
– Functionality. Much like the need for technological accessibility, kitchens are also evolving to accommodate our other needs. The addition of small nooks and ports for refuse, wine refrigerators, and coffee making stations are popping up all over the place.
– Luxury-rugged. As with cabinetry, many kitchens are adopting rougher-looking materials, sans ornamentation, for a sleek, smooth look. Hardwood floors and black slate tiles are a great example of this, and fit well with many custom decors.
Whether undertaking a full kitchen renovation, or just freshening one up, don’t forget to include your window treatments in your epic home transformation. Did you know that Damner specifically color matches custom shutters to fit your home decor perfectly? Visit us online at www.danmer.com, or call us at (800) 684-3434 to set up your free in-home consultation.
When it comes to your kids, safety is all-important. So did you know that selecting the wrong window coverings can be lethal to infants and young children? Blinds and shades with cords have been responsible for over 500 child strangulations in the last decade alone. Here are a few critical things to know:
- Over five million window coverings have been recalled in recent years. Make sure to do your homework before ordering ANY window coverings in your home where children are present.
- Horizontal blinds with cords are most responsible for child deaths and injuries. Shutters are the safest window coverings since there are no cords.
- Strangulation and injury caused by unsecured cords and loops can happen quickly and silently in any room.
- The Good News: There are ways to make window coverings safer for children, including retractable lift cords, cord tensioners, wand controls, and cordless or motorized operating systems. Of course, buying window coverings that have no cords at all, such as shutters, is the safest choice.
- Danmer offers FREE Upgrades making your blinds and shades Kid-Safe and Cordless.
Danmer makes child safety a top priority. Our Window Covering Experts are here to assist you 24 hours a day in choosing family-safe Blinds, Shades and Shutters for every room in your home. Visit us at www.danmer.com or call us at (800) 684-3434 to set up your free in-home consultation.
Though we’re just barely through the first quarter of 2016, there have already been some bold design motifs that are likely to have a big impact on next year’s home decor.
Where one school of design favors bright yellows, reds, and greens to usher in the excitement of spring, another, and perhaps more popular one, relies on more muted colors, such as black, lilac gray, and coffee-like shades of brown. In a year where relaxation and “unplugging” from a world run by technology are key, these monochromatic tones help compliment the lines and shapes created by a sleeker, more streamlined decor. This can include anything from angular and symmetrical arrangements of art and accessories, to the big and blocky furniture that is making a comeback in many homes — all with attention to the relaxation and comfort that many homeowners seek today.
In the kitchen, black stainless steel appliances are becoming very popular and may make their way into many modern kitchens in the near future. And why not? The black appliances look great against gray cabinetry and the other muted colors that we’ve adopted this year.
However you present your home for the remainder of 2016, don’t forget one of the most important details: windows. The light that comes in will directly effect the colors and objects you’ve worked so hard to display. With proper window coverings, the windows, themselves, become part of the decor! For example: shutters, one of the most popular treatments, can add to the square/rectangular motifs, while also applying their lines, textures, and dimensions to your room in any color, shape, or custom design of your choosing.
Visit us at www.danmer.com or call us at (800) 684-3434 to speak to trained professionals who are excited to help you find the right window coverings for your decor and budget!
Don’t ever settle for “cookie-cutter” stock items when it comes to Shutters, or any window coverings, for that matter. That can be a recipe for disaster! Danmer Shutters are custom made by expert craftsmen for your home specifications right in our own facility here in the U.S.A.
When you order window coverings from Danmer, our friendly and experienced Window Covering Specialists are dedicated to making sure that your experience is fun and relaxing, never stressful.
During your free in-home consultation, we’ll bring the show room to you! Danmer’s representative will show you all of the available options so you can select just the right window coverings for your home. Your Danmer representative will help you with all you need ton know such as colors, styles, light control, energy efficiency, and cost. No Cookie-cutter approach from Danmer. That’s the Danmer Difference!
Danmer will then deliver and install your shutters with the fastest turnaround time in the industry! We can do this because we make your Shutters right here in our own factory to your specifications. The results are elegant custom shutters that are safe, energy efficient, easy to clean, and guaranteed to increase the value of your home.
For over 30 years, Danmer has been committed to designing and building the finest shutters in the world, while treating every customer like they are friends and family. Give us a call at (800) 684-3434 to learn what Danmer can do for you.
Seeing your kitchen windows with brand new shutters for the first time can be a revelation! Who knew the kitchen could take on such a sophisticated look? Well, this is what happens when you invest the right amount of time and energy into your home improvement projects. In the midst of all the excitement to get your renovation done, however, many homeowners overlook one crucial detail that can significantly extend the life span of their new window coverings: the choice of materials for your shutters or blinds.
Your kitchen shutters, for example, must be able to withstand exposure to moisture from the sink , from cooking and from the dishwasher. Choosing shutters for your kitchen – or even a bathroom for that matter – that are made from solid hardwood may not be a wise choice. Over time, wood is guaranteed to warp, chip, peal and even discolor from the effects of water and moisture.
How to avoid this costly mistake? Make sure you get design help from a Window Covering Design Specialist through a FREE in-home consultation right at the beginning of your renovation project. Make sure your selections are a good balance of beauty and function. Chances are you’ll avoid premature wear and tear of your window coverings in the long run.
So EXACTLY what material should you choose for areas of your home that often contain higher amounts of heat and moisture? The answer is a synthetic material for shutters or blinds are your best choice. Genuine Thermalite shutters from Danmer are water resistant, flame retardant, and guaranteed to never crack peel or discolor, making them a perfect fit for kitchens and bathrooms. If you’re looking for a natural wood grain look, select a water resistant faux wood option that will bring elegance to your room, while holding up well in moisture and humidity.
Need more information? Give us a call at (800) 684-3434, or schedule your consultation online at danmer.com
The United States is facing economic disaster on a scale few nations have ever experienced. We no longer produce what we need to sustain ourselves, we import much more than we export, and we are selling off our assets and taking on massive debts to sustain a standard of living we can no longer afford.
Danmer Custom Shutters are made and assembled right here in the USA. We know that investing in your home is an investment in rebuilding America. Help rebuild our economy with Danmer’s American made shutters.
So, you think all shutters are the same? Here are a few reasons WE believe out shutters standout amongst the rest!
1.) Danmer’s Thermalite Shutters will never peel, crack or warp. These American made shutters will last you 10-15 years or longer. We are proud of our products long-term durability.
2.) Danmer’s Thermalite Shutters are water resistant, which is ideal for bathroom and kitchen areas.
3.) Danmer’s Thermalite Shutters are fire retardant for safety. Most people rarely give a fleeting thought to the issue until faced with a serious threat to life and/or property. Don’t let that be you!
4.) Danmer’s Thermalite Shutters are environmentally safe and are made out of 100% non-toxic materials and finishes. They also insulate up to 3 times more than wood!
5.) Our warranty is so unique, it’s transferable to the next homeowner!
So, what’s stopping you? When it comes to rebuilding your home, think of Danmer Custom Shutters and help rebuild Americas economy. Take advantage of our FREE in-home design consultation, FREE delivery, and FREE installation by factory-trained installers. We won’t let you down.
We’ve often asked why we’ve been able to thrive since 1976 while 100’s of other home improvement companies have come and gone in the neighborhood.
In part, it’s because we build the finest custom window covering in the world. Because of our 40+ years of experience, we know that the right shutters will pay for themselves by lowering your energy costs by as much as 35%.
But the real answer is in our company motto handed down to us by our founder, Dave Neiman: “‘Treat every customer like they are our friends and family.”
We can do this because we own the factory, we train our own designers and we certify our own installers. You’ll ALWAYS get the best advice and counsel about home window coverings. No matter where you end up buying your window coverings, you should know all your options so that you can make an intelligent decision. Our entire staff is trained to provide you with access to these options.
We invite you to discover The Danmer Difference for yourself.
Call us 7 days a week at 888-326-6378 for a FREE in-home design consultation.
Be sure to check out our 360 virtual tours at www.danmer.com.
All The Best,
Danmer Custom Shutters