Your bedroom is your sanctuary. It’s where you can escape from the world and catch some well-deserved z’s. But whether you’re awake or asleep, there’s no reason why your bedroom shouldn’t be looking fantastic at all times. Here are 5 of the best ways to feature shutters in your bedroom:
- Master Bedroom with Specialty Shutters. Danmer’s UltraLuxe Shutters can be installed in any opening, any door, any window or any specialty shape. They add a simple, but sleek and elegant design to each window.
- Eco friendly Thermalite Shutters. Master bedrooms with larger windows can be fitted with bi-folding custom panel shutters, perfectly functional and color matched to fit any decor! And Thermalite’s energy saving properties will keep you warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.
- Specialty Arch or Slant Top Shutters. A beautiful window deserves a beautiful window covering. UltraLuxe Shutters are custom designed and installed for Fan Top windows, Arch windows and Slant Top windows – all of which are a difficult fit for most other window covering companies…but a breeze for Danmer.
- Double Hung Custom Shutters. Double Hung Thermalite shutters add more control of light and privacy to any shutter design. Simply open the shutter doors for a clear, open view of your backyard, whether it’s the patio, the pool, or your window to beautiful sunrises and sunsets.
- Shutters in Bedroom with Bay Window. Like other unusually shaped and sized windows, bay windows add significant beauty to any room. Adding custom shutters to them enhances that beauty, while adding privacy, light control, and temperature regulation.
As you can see, the possibilities are endless. Visit Danmer’s website to see what Danmer can do for your bedroom. Or, if you’re ready to experience the Danmer Difference first hand, call us 24/7 at (800) 684-3434 to set up your FREE in-home consultation.
The “era of relaxation” isn’t going away anytime soon. American families have grown fond of living spaces that allow them to unplug and unwind from the hectic pace of life these days. But as we near the midpoint of 2016, cheerful and up-beat colors are still in vogue and a new flock of “trends” in interior design look a lot like recent tried and true standards for summer. Here are 3 of the most popular summer design trends so far:
- Bright colors. Many homes are taking on furniture and decor featuring bright and cheery colors, mixed with soothing, blues and greens (especially in coastal areas). This tends to reinforce the ‘vibrance’ of summer and creates a beach-like ambiance in your home.
- Outdoor comes in. You’re probably spending more time outdoors than indoors during the summer, but you can still bring the season’s best elements inside with you. There’s no stopping the current nature trend by decorating homes with lots of indoor plants and trees and the warm earth tones to complement them.
- Window improvements. The right Window Coverings remain the best way to complement to any decor while you regulate the amount of light that gets in, and how much of your room’s decor they illuminate. With nearly limitless possibilities for colors, styles, and shapes, swapping out window treatments can transform an entire room or your entire house without breaking the bank.
Before taking on any major home improvement projects, it’s always good to research upcoming trends and home improvement solutions — and never hesitate to consult industry professionals with any questions you may have.
If your summer decor plan includes a window treatment upgrade, contact Danmer to find the solution that best fits your style and budget.
As of 2016, Danmer has now dedicated itself to 40 years of service to your neighborhood. We simply design, manufacturing and install the finest custom window coverings in the world. From innovative product design, to unsurpassed quality and relentless attention to detail, Danmer delivers the best products and customer service in the industry.
PLUS: We bring the showroom to you! Danmer believes that selecting new shutters for your home should be fun and relaxing, never stressful. That’s why our experienced and friendly Danmer representatives are available to visit your home, show you all the options, walk you through the Danmer process, and then deliver and install our top-of- the-line products directly to you. There’s no crowded showrooms to travel to! That’s the Danmer Difference!
Danmer is ready to accommodate all of your window covering needs. Contact us 24/7 at (800) 684-3434 to set up your free in-home consultation, or visit any of our 25+ SoCal locations to see the difference that Danmer can make in YOUR home.
Do you have any windows that are shaped or sized a little differently than the norm? Perhaps you have arched, circular, ovals or sunburst shaped windows. Maybe you have very large sliding doors or windows. Fortunately, all of Danmer’s window coverings are custom made and fit to your windows, ANY SHAPE, ANY SIZE, ANY OPENING.
- Custom Plantation Shutters (made from Thermalite, Ultraluxe or Custom Wood materials) will be made to fit your windows seamlessly and add style and elegance to every room in your home.
- Applause® Honeycomb Shades from our Hunter Douglas Collection look great on a variety of window shapes and are available in a number of fabrics, colors and operating systems.
Hunter Douglas Blinds are precision crafted for style and functionality throughout your home, and customized to fit odd shaped windows flawlessly.
Danmer understands how difficult it can be to sift through hundreds of styles and designs. That’s why our representatives are standing by 24/7 at (800) 684-3434 to answer your questions and help you find the perfect treatments for your home.
Did you know that July is National Picnic Month, and just in case you’re throwing your own star spangled 4th of July shindig, here are 5 tips that will make sure your celebration is one for the ages!
- Fashionalbly festive foods. Add a decorative twist, like red and blue berries to cakes or presenting watermelon wedges on a stick to reinforce the colorful red-white-blue theme of the 4th.
- Declaration of entertainment. What’s the best way to pass time between eating and fireworks? Party games, of course! There are tons of kid-friendly 4th of July activities available — from scavenger hunts to epic water balloon battles — to keep the family entertained until the main event.
- Location, Location, Location. Whether you’re watching this year’s free displays from your backyard, or you’re enjoying the brilliant spectacles in a park or other public environment, two things are certain: safety is important, and a good view is crucial! Always research both aspects before choosing a spot for your picnic.
OK, so if you’re staying at home with your family or having some friends over, you can still often see lots of festivities and fireworks right out your windows. Danmer’s custom shutters and window coverings, proudly made in assembled in the USA, are designed to frame your windows with style and elegance so that you can get a full view of the action when desired, and shut it out when you’re finished for the night (and any other night, for that matter).
However you decide to celebrate, Danmer wishes your family a safe and happy 4th of July! Call us anytime at (800) 684-3434 to learn more about our custom window coverings and set up your free in-home consultation.
Do you get Memorial Day confused with Veterans Day? The truth is, it happens more often than you think. Here’s a handy cheat sheet to help you differentiate between the two (and be a hit at your Memorial Day BBQ):
- Began as “Decoration Day” (originally celebrated on May 30th) as a day to honor those who were killed in any past war by ‘decorating’ their graves with flowers.
- Celebrated the last Monday in May.
- Rooted to “Armistice Day,” a day set aside to celebrate the end of World War I in particular.
- The honor was expanded in 1954 to include all Veterans, and thus renamed Veterans Day to reflect the change.
- Observed on November 11th.
As we attend gatherings with friends and family this weekend, let us not forget the sacrifices that were made for our freedoms.
Danmer honors the brave men and women of the U.S. Military. We wish you a safe and happy Memorial Day, from our family to yours.
Thinking about a home improvement project or a remodel of one or more rooms? Where to begin? Technology has made the process a lot easier from easily accessible design sketchers to tips and resources are all just a click away on your computers and smart devices.
- Virtual room designers. Many websites dedicated to design and decor offer a number of tools to help you arrange your space, including Virtual Room Software. These allow you to make 2D and 3D floor plans from the ground up, enabling you to “move” furniture and decor easily without even having to lift a finger! Try this one for example http://www.homestyler.com/designer
- Trend watchers. There are tons of websites and apps that help you stay abreast of current trends and new or upcoming home improvement ideas, colors, materials, etc. Here are a few great sites for such research: HomeTrends.com and Elle Decor.
At the end of the day, it’s always a good idea to consult with reputable companies that have a proven track record in your neighborhood. Such companies usually offer valuable tips, resources, and other helpful information right on their website. Danmer is proud to be one of these companies. Check out our other blogs posts as well as brochures on our website with information regarding safety, product information, design trends, and everyday life hacks for use in your home.
You can always call us directly at (800) 684-3434 to learn more about the latest in window covering products and technology.