Did you know that Friday Oct 7th is World Smile Day? It’s actually the first Friday in October EVERY year. World Smile Day celebrates the ubiquitous yellow smiley and it promotes a simple idea: That everyone should do an act of kindness on this day, or to or help one person to smile, or both.
There’s actually been a proclamation made by the U.S. Congress to celebrate World Smile Day. Now that should put a smiley on your face.
Want to know a bit more about the smiley face? In 1963, the State Mutual Life Assurance Company hired Harvey Ball from Worcester, Massachusetts as a free lance artist to create a smiley face for use in improving company morale. It’s later popularity exploded in the 1970’s. The first World Smiley Day celebration was on October 1, 1999.
After Harvey died in 2001, the Harvey Ball World Smile Foundation was created to honor his name and memory. The Foundation continues as the official sponsor of World Smile Day® each year.
Danmer loves to make our Customers smile. We do this by helping them select just the right window coverings to fit the décor and budget of their home. Let us make you smile! Call Danmer today to set up your free in-home consultation (800) 684-3434.
#Danmer #madeinUSA #shutters #blinds #shades #windows # WorldSmileDay
September 23rd marks the first day of Autumn, our annual equinox that causes leaves to change color and days to get shorter. This colorful shift in environment creates a very distinct look that many love and look forward to every year. But as the scenery changes outdoors, you may feel inclined to duplicate the season’s color scheme indoors, as well. Here are a few tips for decorating your living space in the spirit of fall:
- Bring the outdoors in. Many elements of Autumn that look great outside can look great inside, too! Go ‘real’ with vivid plants, acorns, and foliage, or decorate with artificial leaves, pumpkins, and other vivid red, orange, and brown decor.
- Festive Candles. Not only can the look and purpose of a seasonal candle set a room’s mood or ‘theme’, but it can also display the season to your other senses, too! Fall candles come in a variety of aromas, including everything from pumpkin spice to fragrances of earth and rain. Some even produce the scent of a kitchen on Thanksgiving Day!
- Traditional holiday staples. In addition to adorning your living room with a general Autumn decor, you can also enhance it with elements that reflect the most famous of fall holidays: webs, spiders, and other creepy decor for Halloween, and wreaths, turkey decorations and cornucopias, for Thanksgiving.
- Window Magic. Your windows, some of the most important areas of any room, can be very functional in your holiday decor. As long as you can do so carefully, go wild! Surrounding your window coverings, whether they’re Shutters, Shades, or Blinds, with strings of colorful leaves or lights can be quite festive!
Window coverings, themselves, can become an instrumental part of your decor. By choosing versatile colors and patterns that work for any occasion, any decorating project can only help compliment the design that’s already in place. Call Danmer at (800) 684-3434 for a FREE in-home consultation to see the latest window covering styles and trends for fall.
We all know what it’s like when kids are being kids: they’re curious, imaginative, and full of more energy than we can remember having at that age. But as cherished as their rambunctiousness can be at that age, it can also be troublesome — or even dangerous — if it’s let loose in an unsafe environment.
Though they can seem harmless at first glance, even the most basic window coverings and dangling cords can pose a lethal threat to young children. That’s why Danmer fashions products specifically designed to keep your infants, children, and pets safe, and to help avoid often-overlooked pitfalls such as these ones.
With that in mind, Danmer designs and manufactures window coverings with a number of key safety features to keep your little ones out of harm’s way, including:
- Retractable lift cords
- Cord tensioners
- Wand controls
- Cordless & motorized operating systems
- Custom Shutters (cordless by design)
Danmer takes your family’s needs very seriously. That’s why we strive for Elegance, Value, and Safety in every product: That’s the Danmer Difference. Contact us at (800) 684-3434 for a FREE in-home consultation, and to explore the safest, most stylish window coverings for your home.
Choosing the RIGHT shutters for your home can be a challenge — especially when they seem to all look kind of alike. Sure, at first glance, they can look similar to an untrained eye. But the truth is: If you select the wrong company to make your shutters, you could end up with headaches, delays and constant repair issues. Not all shutters are the same. Here what separates the best Shutters from the rest:
- Quality shutters are constructed from quality materials. Be careful NOT to buy shutters that are made using glue, wood chips, and formaldehyde. This is very common but you wouldn’t know it unless you asked the Shutter manufacturer specifically. Danmer uses a solid, non-toxic polymer called Thermalite for a stronger and more reliable shutter.
- Shutter hardware should be built to last. While other shutter companies use hollow and weak plastic clips as hardware on their products, Danmer installs premium metal Tilt Rod hardware for maximum durability.
- Insist on a shutter that will function properly for the long haul. Only Danmer has the patented Duraglide Louver Tension System that’s so reliable, it’s guaranteed NEVER to need adjusting or tightening.
Without question, Danmer makes the finest custom shutters around. Not only are they guaranteed to never chip, warp, or discolor, they’re made and assembled right here in the USA!
Let Danmer show you the Danmer Difference: call us 24/7 at (800) 684-3434 to set up your free in-home consultation.
As of 2016, Danmer has now dedicated itself to 40 years of service to your neighborhood. We simply design, manufacturing and install the finest custom window coverings in the world. From innovative product design, to unsurpassed quality and relentless attention to detail, Danmer delivers the best products and customer service in the industry.
PLUS: We bring the showroom to you! Danmer believes that selecting new shutters for your home should be fun and relaxing, never stressful. That’s why our experienced and friendly Danmer representatives are available to visit your home, show you all the options, walk you through the Danmer process, and then deliver and install our top-of- the-line products directly to you. There’s no crowded showrooms to travel to! That’s the Danmer Difference!
Danmer is ready to accommodate all of your window covering needs. Contact us 24/7 at (800) 684-3434 to set up your free in-home consultation, or visit any of our 25+ SoCal locations to see the difference that Danmer can make in YOUR home.
Do you have any windows that are shaped or sized a little differently than the norm? Perhaps you have arched, circular, ovals or sunburst shaped windows. Maybe you have very large sliding doors or windows. Fortunately, all of Danmer’s window coverings are custom made and fit to your windows, ANY SHAPE, ANY SIZE, ANY OPENING.
- Custom Plantation Shutters (made from Thermalite, Ultraluxe or Custom Wood materials) will be made to fit your windows seamlessly and add style and elegance to every room in your home.
- Applause® Honeycomb Shades from our Hunter Douglas Collection look great on a variety of window shapes and are available in a number of fabrics, colors and operating systems.
Hunter Douglas Blinds are precision crafted for style and functionality throughout your home, and customized to fit odd shaped windows flawlessly.
Danmer understands how difficult it can be to sift through hundreds of styles and designs. That’s why our representatives are standing by 24/7 at (800) 684-3434 to answer your questions and help you find the perfect treatments for your home.
As a shopper, here are a few questions that most shutter companies would prefer you didn’t ask (because you won’t like the answer they give you):
- Are these shutters really custom made for me? Not all companies hand-craft their product to your specifications. Many companies use off-the shelf cookie-cutter shutter panels that are then fit to your openings. Be wary of this approach.
- Should I choose wood or other materials for my Shutters? Many companies don’t even have such options available. Only patented Thermalite Shutters from Danmer, unlike wood shutters, will NEVER peel, crack, warp, burn, or discolor.
- How fast can I get my shutters? Most companies import their parts and shutter materials from overseas. This can take 8-12 weeks for your shutters to arrive and assemble. But Danmer manufactures all of our shutters right here in the USA, which gives you the fastest turnaround time in the industry.
- Will shutters reduce my home energy bills? Not all shutters are made from materials that can reduce your home’s energy consumption by up to 3x better than wood shutters. Check out Danmer’s Thermalite Shutter Insulating System.
- Transferrable warranty? Insist on a warranty that’s actually transferable to the NEXT homeowner. These warranties are desirable because they can increase the resale value of your home. Trust in the company that gives you a copy in advance.
You can also download a copy of Danmer’s Shutter buying checklist called “ the 8 Questions that Most Shutter Companies Don’t Want You to Ask Them” Download it here. Or call us 24/7 at (800) 684-3434 to experience the Danmer Difference.
We’re fast approaching the mid-point of 2016, so it’s interesting to see which home trends are thriving in the zeitgeist. Here are five of the hottest trends likely to become kitchen staples for years to come:
– Ying, yang, and neutral tones Black, white, earthy grays and coffee-shaded browns are being used regularly to enhance kitchen spaces and create a more relaxing atmosphere.
– 21st Century accessibility. As with many rooms in the home, the kitchen is evolving to meet our technological needs. For example, charging stations and hand-free phone and tablet mounts are helping to make recipes and cooking videos more easily accessible.
– Functionality. Much like the need for technological accessibility, kitchens are also evolving to accommodate our other needs. The addition of small nooks and ports for refuse, wine refrigerators, and coffee making stations are popping up all over the place.
– Luxury-rugged. As with cabinetry, many kitchens are adopting rougher-looking materials, sans ornamentation, for a sleek, smooth look. Hardwood floors and black slate tiles are a great example of this, and fit well with many custom decors.
Whether undertaking a full kitchen renovation, or just freshening one up, don’t forget to include your window treatments in your epic home transformation. Did you know that Damner specifically color matches custom shutters to fit your home decor perfectly? Visit us online at www.danmer.com, or call us at (800) 684-3434 to set up your free in-home consultation.
When it comes to your kids, safety is all-important. So did you know that selecting the wrong window coverings can be lethal to infants and young children? Blinds and shades with cords have been responsible for over 500 child strangulations in the last decade alone. Here are a few critical things to know:
- Over five million window coverings have been recalled in recent years. Make sure to do your homework before ordering ANY window coverings in your home where children are present.
- Horizontal blinds with cords are most responsible for child deaths and injuries. Shutters are the safest window coverings since there are no cords.
- Strangulation and injury caused by unsecured cords and loops can happen quickly and silently in any room.
- The Good News: There are ways to make window coverings safer for children, including retractable lift cords, cord tensioners, wand controls, and cordless or motorized operating systems. Of course, buying window coverings that have no cords at all, such as shutters, is the safest choice.
- Danmer offers FREE Upgrades making your blinds and shades Kid-Safe and Cordless.
Danmer makes child safety a top priority. Our Window Covering Experts are here to assist you 24 hours a day in choosing family-safe Blinds, Shades and Shutters for every room in your home. Visit us at www.danmer.com or call us at (800) 684-3434 to set up your free in-home consultation.