Do you have any windows that are shaped or sized a little differently than the norm? Perhaps you have arched, circular, ovals or sunburst shaped windows. Maybe you have very large sliding doors or windows. Fortunately, all of Danmer’s window coverings are custom made and fit to your windows, ANY SHAPE, ANY SIZE, ANY OPENING.
- Custom Plantation Shutters (made from Thermalite, Ultraluxe or Custom Wood materials) will be made to fit your windows seamlessly and add style and elegance to every room in your home.
- Applause® Honeycomb Shades from our Hunter Douglas Collection look great on a variety of window shapes and are available in a number of fabrics, colors and operating systems.
Hunter Douglas Blinds are precision crafted for style and functionality throughout your home, and customized to fit odd shaped windows flawlessly.
Danmer understands how difficult it can be to sift through hundreds of styles and designs. That’s why our representatives are standing by 24/7 at (800) 684-3434 to answer your questions and help you find the perfect treatments for your home.
As a shopper, here are a few questions that most shutter companies would prefer you didn’t ask (because you won’t like the answer they give you):
- Are these shutters really custom made for me? Not all companies hand-craft their product to your specifications. Many companies use off-the shelf cookie-cutter shutter panels that are then fit to your openings. Be wary of this approach.
- Should I choose wood or other materials for my Shutters? Many companies don’t even have such options available. Only patented Thermalite Shutters from Danmer, unlike wood shutters, will NEVER peel, crack, warp, burn, or discolor.
- How fast can I get my shutters? Most companies import their parts and shutter materials from overseas. This can take 8-12 weeks for your shutters to arrive and assemble. But Danmer manufactures all of our shutters right here in the USA, which gives you the fastest turnaround time in the industry.
- Will shutters reduce my home energy bills? Not all shutters are made from materials that can reduce your home’s energy consumption by up to 3x better than wood shutters. Check out Danmer’s Thermalite Shutter Insulating System.
- Transferrable warranty? Insist on a warranty that’s actually transferable to the NEXT homeowner. These warranties are desirable because they can increase the resale value of your home. Trust in the company that gives you a copy in advance.
You can also download a copy of Danmer’s Shutter buying checklist called “ the 8 Questions that Most Shutter Companies Don’t Want You to Ask Them” Download it here. Or call us 24/7 at (800) 684-3434 to experience the Danmer Difference.
We’re fast approaching the mid-point of 2016, so it’s interesting to see which home trends are thriving in the zeitgeist. Here are five of the hottest trends likely to become kitchen staples for years to come:
– Ying, yang, and neutral tones Black, white, earthy grays and coffee-shaded browns are being used regularly to enhance kitchen spaces and create a more relaxing atmosphere.
– 21st Century accessibility. As with many rooms in the home, the kitchen is evolving to meet our technological needs. For example, charging stations and hand-free phone and tablet mounts are helping to make recipes and cooking videos more easily accessible.
– Functionality. Much like the need for technological accessibility, kitchens are also evolving to accommodate our other needs. The addition of small nooks and ports for refuse, wine refrigerators, and coffee making stations are popping up all over the place.
– Luxury-rugged. As with cabinetry, many kitchens are adopting rougher-looking materials, sans ornamentation, for a sleek, smooth look. Hardwood floors and black slate tiles are a great example of this, and fit well with many custom decors.
Whether undertaking a full kitchen renovation, or just freshening one up, don’t forget to include your window treatments in your epic home transformation. Did you know that Damner specifically color matches custom shutters to fit your home decor perfectly? Visit us online at www.danmer.com, or call us at (800) 684-3434 to set up your free in-home consultation.
When it comes to your kids, safety is all-important. So did you know that selecting the wrong window coverings can be lethal to infants and young children? Blinds and shades with cords have been responsible for over 500 child strangulations in the last decade alone. Here are a few critical things to know:
- Over five million window coverings have been recalled in recent years. Make sure to do your homework before ordering ANY window coverings in your home where children are present.
- Horizontal blinds with cords are most responsible for child deaths and injuries. Shutters are the safest window coverings since there are no cords.
- Strangulation and injury caused by unsecured cords and loops can happen quickly and silently in any room.
- The Good News: There are ways to make window coverings safer for children, including retractable lift cords, cord tensioners, wand controls, and cordless or motorized operating systems. Of course, buying window coverings that have no cords at all, such as shutters, is the safest choice.
- Danmer offers FREE Upgrades making your blinds and shades Kid-Safe and Cordless.
Danmer makes child safety a top priority. Our Window Covering Experts are here to assist you 24 hours a day in choosing family-safe Blinds, Shades and Shutters for every room in your home. Visit us at www.danmer.com or call us at (800) 684-3434 to set up your free in-home consultation.
Though we’re just barely through the first quarter of 2016, there have already been some bold design motifs that are likely to have a big impact on next year’s home decor.
Where one school of design favors bright yellows, reds, and greens to usher in the excitement of spring, another, and perhaps more popular one, relies on more muted colors, such as black, lilac gray, and coffee-like shades of brown. In a year where relaxation and “unplugging” from a world run by technology are key, these monochromatic tones help compliment the lines and shapes created by a sleeker, more streamlined decor. This can include anything from angular and symmetrical arrangements of art and accessories, to the big and blocky furniture that is making a comeback in many homes — all with attention to the relaxation and comfort that many homeowners seek today.
In the kitchen, black stainless steel appliances are becoming very popular and may make their way into many modern kitchens in the near future. And why not? The black appliances look great against gray cabinetry and the other muted colors that we’ve adopted this year.
However you present your home for the remainder of 2016, don’t forget one of the most important details: windows. The light that comes in will directly effect the colors and objects you’ve worked so hard to display. With proper window coverings, the windows, themselves, become part of the decor! For example: shutters, one of the most popular treatments, can add to the square/rectangular motifs, while also applying their lines, textures, and dimensions to your room in any color, shape, or custom design of your choosing.
Visit us at www.danmer.com or call us at (800) 684-3434 to speak to trained professionals who are excited to help you find the right window coverings for your decor and budget!
Any web search is likely to produce pages and pages of home life hacks for projects that may look great in your home, but don’t always offer a practical application to what your home really needs. The following life hacks are not among them:
Garage “Safety Bumper.” When pulling into the garage, it can be difficult to gauge how close the car is to the wall. The poor perception can result in unwanted scratches, dings — or worse! An easy fix is to cut a foam swimming pool noodle in half, lengthwise, and attach it to the wall so that you can enter without fear and/or damage when the noodle is there to take the impact instead!
“Light” hack. By mounting a $4 Ikea shelf bracket into a dark corner, and affixing a hanging light bulb from it, it becomes easy to brighten up the darker corners in a room with ease!
Walnut Touch-ups. Nothing can detract from a wood surface more than scuffs and scratches. But fear not: by rubbing the inside of an ordinary walnut against damaged areas of a wood surface, the scuffs are covered up and disappear like magic!
Non-slip rugs. Slippery rugs on slippery surfaces can be a pain — sometimes literally! But by adding a few strips of acrylic caulk to the bottom, a rug will have the grip it needs to remain stable and prevent you from taking an unwanted “magic carpet ride” across the room.
The classic “cord cabana.” If you’ve ever had to dig through a drawer full of tangled cables before, you’ll really appreciate this hack. By coiling cables — everything from phone cords, to USB cables, to any other electronics — and slipping them into vacant toilet paper rolls, you can instantly say goodbye to the random cable chaos! For added organization, just slip the rolls into a box for easy access and call it good!
Getting your home in order is important, and nobody understands that better than Danmer. We offer only the best in custom window coverings to accommodate your decor and budget. Visit us at www.danmer.com or call us at (800) 684-3434 to set up your free in-home consultation.
Don’t ever settle for “cookie-cutter” stock items when it comes to Shutters, or any window coverings, for that matter. That can be a recipe for disaster! Danmer Shutters are custom made by expert craftsmen for your home specifications right in our own facility here in the U.S.A.
When you order window coverings from Danmer, our friendly and experienced Window Covering Specialists are dedicated to making sure that your experience is fun and relaxing, never stressful.
During your free in-home consultation, we’ll bring the show room to you! Danmer’s representative will show you all of the available options so you can select just the right window coverings for your home. Your Danmer representative will help you with all you need ton know such as colors, styles, light control, energy efficiency, and cost. No Cookie-cutter approach from Danmer. That’s the Danmer Difference!
Danmer will then deliver and install your shutters with the fastest turnaround time in the industry! We can do this because we make your Shutters right here in our own factory to your specifications. The results are elegant custom shutters that are safe, energy efficient, easy to clean, and guaranteed to increase the value of your home.
For over 30 years, Danmer has been committed to designing and building the finest shutters in the world, while treating every customer like they are friends and family. Give us a call at (800) 684-3434 to learn what Danmer can do for you.
So as of last week, the Earth shifted into winter solstice mode. This causes the Earth’s northern hemisphere (where we in the U.S. live) to receive less sunlight each day until next spring. This is because the sun rises from south of due east, and sets south of due west, giving us only a 38 degree arc of sunlight –– significantly less than the luminous 86 degree arc we enjoy in the summer. It only sounds complicated, but we all feel this effect every day whether we acknowledge it or not.
As the sun (and temperature) drops, the winter chill can set in rather quickly, especially in areas with colder climates. One possible remedy for this is to let daylight into your home through south-facing windows to absorb heat in the morning and afternoon, but there is one drawback: exposing windows completely leaves your home vulnerable to too much heat, lack of privacy, and potentially bad window glare as well.
The good news is that there’s no reason for windows to be fully exposed. Danmer’s Plantation Shutters provide an optimal view and are designed to give you maximum control over incoming sunlight and heat. In fact, the right Plantation Shutter can lower your home energy bills by up to 35% while maintaining privacy, and adding style and elegance to any room in your home. Give us a call at (800) 684-3434 to schedule your free in-home consultation, or visit us online at www.danmer.com.
Have you prepared your home for falling temperatures?
Failing to properly insulate your home at this time of year every year can be painful. Cold can seep in to your home, making it very uncomfortable and expensive. In the long run, by blasting extra heat from your furnace or heating elements, you’re bound to spend an arm and a leg in increased energy bills.
One solution to these problems is relatively easy. Use properly designed and installed window coverings and you’ll keep the heat from escaping your home while preventing unwanted drafts from sneaking in.
Did you know that right window covering will actually pay for themselves in reduced home energy costs? Danmer’s Thermalite™ Shutters Insulating System can reduce your energy costs by up to 35% while keeping your home warmer in the Winter and cooler in the Summer.
Just think: all the money you save on energy bills by upgrading to reliable, insulating shutters can be put towards a great vacation when spring and summer months roll back around again!
Contact Danmer by phone, email, or live chat soon to take advantage of our Buy One, Get One 50% off Holiday Savings Event! www.danmer.com
You’ll stay cozy and save money over the holidays if keep your window coverings functioning properly through the chilly winter months. Here are 4 handy tips to make sure your window treatments are treating you to the holiday cheer that you and your family deserve.
1: Not all window covering materials are the same. Cleaning shutters made of hardwoods may require a slightly different approach than cleaning synthetic materials. Get to know your window treatment materials and then use and the cleaning solutions / methods recommended specifically for these products. Your coverings will last longer and they’ll stay looking great for the Holiday season!
2: Dust. Dusting your Shutters, Blinds or Shades regularly can help keep allergen build-up at bay and thus keeping you and your family sniffle-free during the changing seasonal temperatures. A simple feather duster can sometimes do the trick.
3: Clean deeper when necessary. Sometimes a regular household feather duster isn’t enough to clear debris or stains and buildup that your coverings may have picked up. If that’s the case, you may need to wipe with a microfiber cloth or enlist the help of some good old-fashioned mild soap and water.
4: When in doubt, ask! If the information you’ve found in your research proves inconclusive and you’re not sure of the best way to maintain your window coverings, feel free to ask a window Covering Speciaist at Danmer ! Whether by phone, email, or live chat, our team of professionals is here to help you every step of the way. Visit us at www.danmer.com and let us know how we can assist you.