Did you know that July is National Picnic Month, and just in case you’re throwing your own star spangled 4th of July shindig, here are 5 tips that will make sure your celebration is one for the ages!
- Fashionalbly festive foods. Add a decorative twist, like red and blue berries to cakes or presenting watermelon wedges on a stick to reinforce the colorful red-white-blue theme of the 4th.
- Declaration of entertainment. What’s the best way to pass time between eating and fireworks? Party games, of course! There are tons of kid-friendly 4th of July activities available — from scavenger hunts to epic water balloon battles — to keep the family entertained until the main event.
- Location, Location, Location. Whether you’re watching this year’s free displays from your backyard, or you’re enjoying the brilliant spectacles in a park or other public environment, two things are certain: safety is important, and a good view is crucial! Always research both aspects before choosing a spot for your picnic.
OK, so if you’re staying at home with your family or having some friends over, you can still often see lots of festivities and fireworks right out your windows. Danmer’s custom shutters and window coverings, proudly made in assembled in the USA, are designed to frame your windows with style and elegance so that you can get a full view of the action when desired, and shut it out when you’re finished for the night (and any other night, for that matter).
However you decide to celebrate, Danmer wishes your family a safe and happy 4th of July! Call us anytime at (800) 684-3434 to learn more about our custom window coverings and set up your free in-home consultation.
We can officially kiss spring goodbye. Say hello to summer! The extra sunlight and warmth is a welcomed resource for those who plan to spend these summer days outdoors. Hiking, biking, going to the beach (or amusement park), or many other outside activities come to mind. But if you’re spending several hours at a time indoors, those extra hours of sunlight may actually become more of a nuisance. The more direct sun our homes and offices get, the hotter these spaces become. Let’s face it: a room that’s made uncomfortably hot from the sunlight is not ideal for any activity.
Fortunately, there are ways to regulate unwanted sunlight. Custom Shutters, such as Danmer’s Thermalite Shutter Insulating System, can solve this problem two-fold. First, custom designed and professionally installed shutters can help you regulate sunlight, giving you exactly the amount that you and your family desire. Second, the shutters’ insulating properties will keep the heat out and the cool air in, which in-turn, will lower your energy bills by up to 35%!
Call Danmer 24/7 at (800) 684-3434 to learn more about our Thermalite Shutter Insulating System.
If you have a small child at home, safety in every room is a priority. Young children have a very inquisitive nature so one thing you can do to insure a safe environment for the little ones is to have window treatments that won’t cause them any harm. Check out this YouTube video at Parents For Window Blind Safety for some tips when child-proofing your windows with small children in your home. Here are a few things to know:
- Stay away from bulky blinds that can fall easily and get entangled with the young ones
- Make sure your shutters and blinds aren’t coated in any harmful dyes, paints or stains
- There are plenty of cordless alternatives or motorized systems for window treatments that can eliminate the risk of being exposed to dangerous cords
Danmer has a wide variety of safe, child-proof options for the window treatments within your home. Our goal is to reduce the risk of child endangerment with any window covering products. With child safety in mind, we offer plenty of nonhazardous ways to enhance your home to its fullest potential.
Did you know that you could get up to $500 in Federal Tax Credit just for installing selected window coverings into your home this year? The trick is to select the products that qualify for this Tax Credit and then have them installed before the end of the calendar year (in other words, before December 31, 2016). The good news is that Danmer offers a Custom Shutters option and a Hunter Douglas Shade option that both qualify for this tax credit.
Here’s the back-story: Back in 2009, President Obama signed The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. This “stimulus bill” included a federal tax credit on selected energy efficient products for the home purchased during 2009 and 2010. Although the original law has expired, The Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act of 2015 reinstated the federal tax credit for calendar year 2016. The home must be your principal residence.
Danmer’s patented Thermalite Shutter Insulating System qualifies for this program, as these shutters are manufactured to the criteria established as an “Eligible Building Envelope Component” and classified as an “insulation material or system” as defined in Section 4.01 of IRS Notice 2009-53. Thermalite Shutters are distributed exclusively by Danmer. CLICK HERE to learn more about Thermalite and HERE for the Hunter Douglas Shades that qualify for the Tax Credit. You can also review the Manufacturer’s Certification Statement and the simple FAQ page about the tax credit program here at www.danmer.com/2016taxcredit
If you add this tax credit to the ‘Buy One and then Get One” offer currently on the Danmer site, there may never be a better time to add elegance to your home at a great price. Call us at (888) 420-9892 to schedule your in-home design quote.
As a shopper, here are a few questions that most shutter companies would prefer you didn’t ask (because you won’t like the answer they give you):
- Are these shutters really custom made for me? Not all companies hand-craft their product to your specifications. Many companies use off-the shelf cookie-cutter shutter panels that are then fit to your openings. Be wary of this approach.
- Should I choose wood or other materials for my Shutters? Many companies don’t even have such options available. Only patented Thermalite Shutters from Danmer, unlike wood shutters, will NEVER peel, crack, warp, burn, or discolor.
- How fast can I get my shutters? Most companies import their parts and shutter materials from overseas. This can take 8-12 weeks for your shutters to arrive and assemble. But Danmer manufactures all of our shutters right here in the USA, which gives you the fastest turnaround time in the industry.
- Will shutters reduce my home energy bills? Not all shutters are made from materials that can reduce your home’s energy consumption by up to 3x better than wood shutters. Check out Danmer’s Thermalite Shutter Insulating System.
- Transferrable warranty? Insist on a warranty that’s actually transferable to the NEXT homeowner. These warranties are desirable because they can increase the resale value of your home. Trust in the company that gives you a copy in advance.
You can also download a copy of Danmer’s Shutter buying checklist called “ the 8 Questions that Most Shutter Companies Don’t Want You to Ask Them” Download it here. Or call us 24/7 at (800) 684-3434 to experience the Danmer Difference.
Ordering custom window shutters can be a bit daunting! With so many styles, colors, and varieties, it can be hard to determine which would be best for your home. The best tip? ALWAYS consult with an industry professional before making such a decision, but here’s some advice to help you separate the outstanding from the inferior:
- Many shutter companies claim their products are made in the USA, but in reality, most of them are built from foreign parts and only assembled in the USA. Ask about this!
- Several shutter companies use materials that are not environmental friendly, and in fact are composed of substances such as glued wood chips and formaldehyde. Not good!
- Some shutter companies use hollow vinyl end caps and weak plastic clips to secure their shutters. These items will not last long and will need repair and adjustment regularly.
- Look for a Diamond Coat finish on the Shutters, using a non-toxic, water based material which is safer for your family.
- ALWAYS insist on a transferrable warranty, one that will actually add value to your home when you resell the property.
You can also download a copy of Danmer’s Shutter buying checklist called “ the 8 Questions that Most Shutter Companies Don’t Want You to Ask Them” Download it here. Visit us online at www.danmer.com or call us 24/7 at (800) 684-3434 to experience the Danmer Difference.
Home improvement season is in full swing, and homeowners everywhere are taking on projects as small as replacing kitchen tiles, to as large as full basement renovations. But what many homeowners don’t realize, is that not all home improvements help the overall resale value of a house. In fact, some can actually hurt it.
Since some home improvement projects tend to be inspired by fleeting seasonal trends, it’s good to make sure that they can be easily and inexpensively updated down the road, if the trend, for whatever reason, doesn’t catch on. Otherwise, it’s always a safe bet to limit big projects to carefully planned, and universally functional improvements that will always be in demand, in case you should you ever choose to sell your home.
One of the best home improvement projects worth undertaking is a window treatment upgrade. Window Shutters, a fine example of function meeting design, can give a room an elegant, timeless look and feel, and can compliment any decor. Danmer’s Shutters, such as those from the UltraLuxe and Thermalite varieties, include a very unique added benefit: each comes with a transferable warranty, which increases the value of your home, and can earn you more money if you ever decide to sell it.
Whatever home improvement projects you may be tackling this season, be sure to do plenty of research before starting, and consult industry professionals with any questions you may have. If your improvements should happen to include new window treatments, Danmer is here for you ever step of the way. Contact us at (800) 684-3434 to get started.
Winter is behind us (in most of the country, anyway). Now’s the season of fun and sun from Spring through Summer! There should be plenty of sunlight outdoors, but did you know that the sun’s rays can be healthy and useful to us indoors, as well?
Of course, letting sunlight into your home will keep it well lit – naturally – while cutting down on lightbulb usage. This will reduce your energy bill, a good thing. But without the proper window coverings, it can be difficult to manage the amount of light without damaging furnishings, flooring and even that treasured art pieces on your walls. Not good! Fortunately, there are window coverings specifically designed for both energy efficiency and home interior protection. These solutions come in a number of styles to fit your own personal décor and your budget.
Danmer’s Thermalite Shutter Insulating System, for example, can help save energy twofold: First, custom Thermalite shutters cut heat loss or gain through your windows, providing as much as 3 times the insulation of typical wood shutters. And second, Danmer shutters allow you to control the amount of sunlight that enters your home – which can reduce home energy bills by up to 35%.
Regulating sunlight can help create the ambiance you seek, while keeping those light switches in the off position. But let’s not forget the aesthetic as well as the practical: Thermalite shutters are elegant, easy to maintain, and look great in any room! Visit us at www.danmer.com or call us at (800) 684-3434 to set up your free in-home consultation.
So it’s tax season, and whether you’re expecting a refund or arranging to make payments, it’s a great idea to look for ways to cut expenses and save a few bucks in the upkeep of your home. There are actually a number of ways to save just by making simple improvements around the house! Here are five of the most cost effective:
- Replace Your Air Filter. To avoid higher energy bills, replace your air filters annually. Letting furnace air filters become clogged with dust and dirt can make it difficult for air to travel correctly, hence costing you more money to heat your home.
- Seal those heating ducts. Poorly sealed connections can actually cost homes up to 20% of their heat! Sealing up that heating ductwork can help spare a lot of shivers down the road and keep more money in your pocket.
- “Low Flow” water fixtures. “Low flow” is the way to go. They’re relatively inexpensive, easy to install, and can cut your water consumption nearly in half, lowering your water bills and reducing water waste overall.
- Use Weather stripping. Air can seep in and out during hot and cold weather, driving your energy bills up exponentially. Weather stripping is a temporary remedy in preventing unwanted loss of cool air in the summer and warm air in the winter.
Give Danmer a call at (800) 684-3434 to set up your free in-home consultation to see if the right window coverings can actually pay for themselves in reduce home energy bills, or visit us at www.danmer.com .
When it comes to your kids, safety is all-important. So did you know that selecting the wrong window coverings can be lethal to infants and young children? Blinds and shades with cords have been responsible for over 500 child strangulations in the last decade alone. Here are a few critical things to know:
- Over five million window coverings have been recalled in recent years. Make sure to do your homework before ordering ANY window coverings in your home where children are present.
- Horizontal blinds with cords are most responsible for child deaths and injuries. Shutters are the safest window coverings since there are no cords.
- Strangulation and injury caused by unsecured cords and loops can happen quickly and silently in any room.
- The Good News: There are ways to make window coverings safer for children, including retractable lift cords, cord tensioners, wand controls, and cordless or motorized operating systems. Of course, buying window coverings that have no cords at all, such as shutters, is the safest choice.
- Danmer offers FREE Upgrades making your blinds and shades Kid-Safe and Cordless.
Danmer makes child safety a top priority. Our Window Covering Experts are here to assist you 24 hours a day in choosing family-safe Blinds, Shades and Shutters for every room in your home. Visit us at www.danmer.com or call us at (800) 684-3434 to set up your free in-home consultation.