Whether you’ve been beating the heat with box fans or AC, you may feel like you’ve gotten the last laugh … until the electric bill comes — and then nobody’s laughing. It’s simple math: the hotter it gets, the more energy it takes to cool down, but by treating windows with energy efficient window coverings, such as Danmer’s Thermalite Shutters Insulating System, you can stay cool while slashing home energy bills by up to 35%. Here’s why:
- Maximize R-Value. Thermalite Shutters are great for double pane windows, providing one of the highest R-Value shutter ratings on the market.
- Less Heat Transfer. Using the Thermalite Shutters Insulating System in hot climates reduces the amount of heat transfer that enters into your home.
- Restricts Air Exchange. Thermalite Shutters allow you to control the amount of airflow traveling between your window openings and the outside environment.
- Lower Kilowatt Hours. Saving kilowatt hours means saving on your cooling bill, and Thermalite Shutters assists you in both.
- Enhanced Energy Efficiency. Thermalite Shutters will insulate your home up three-times better than wood shutters.
- Monthly Energy Savings. Energy efficient window coverings pay for themselves by keeping your home warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.
Ready to keep cool while saving some cold hard cash? Call us at (800) 684-3434 for a FREE in-home consultation, featuring Danmer’s Thermalite Shutter Insulating System.
We all know what it’s like when kids are being kids: they’re curious, imaginative, and full of more energy than we can remember having at that age. But as cherished as their rambunctiousness can be at that age, it can also be troublesome — or even dangerous — if it’s let loose in an unsafe environment.
Though they can seem harmless at first glance, even the most basic window coverings and dangling cords can pose a lethal threat to young children. That’s why Danmer fashions products specifically designed to keep your infants, children, and pets safe, and to help avoid often-overlooked pitfalls such as these ones.
With that in mind, Danmer designs and manufactures window coverings with a number of key safety features to keep your little ones out of harm’s way, including:
- Retractable lift cords
- Cord tensioners
- Wand controls
- Cordless & motorized operating systems
- Custom Shutters (cordless by design)
Danmer takes your family’s needs very seriously. That’s why we strive for Elegance, Value, and Safety in every product: That’s the Danmer Difference. Contact us at (800) 684-3434 for a FREE in-home consultation, and to explore the safest, most stylish window coverings for your home.
Your bedroom is your sanctuary. It’s where you can escape from the world and catch some well-deserved z’s. But whether you’re awake or asleep, there’s no reason why your bedroom shouldn’t be looking fantastic at all times. Here are 5 of the best ways to feature shutters in your bedroom:
- Master Bedroom with Specialty Shutters. Danmer’s UltraLuxe Shutters can be installed in any opening, any door, any window or any specialty shape. They add a simple, but sleek and elegant design to each window.
- Eco friendly Thermalite Shutters. Master bedrooms with larger windows can be fitted with bi-folding custom panel shutters, perfectly functional and color matched to fit any decor! And Thermalite’s energy saving properties will keep you warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.
- Specialty Arch or Slant Top Shutters. A beautiful window deserves a beautiful window covering. UltraLuxe Shutters are custom designed and installed for Fan Top windows, Arch windows and Slant Top windows – all of which are a difficult fit for most other window covering companies…but a breeze for Danmer.
- Double Hung Custom Shutters. Double Hung Thermalite shutters add more control of light and privacy to any shutter design. Simply open the shutter doors for a clear, open view of your backyard, whether it’s the patio, the pool, or your window to beautiful sunrises and sunsets.
- Shutters in Bedroom with Bay Window. Like other unusually shaped and sized windows, bay windows add significant beauty to any room. Adding custom shutters to them enhances that beauty, while adding privacy, light control, and temperature regulation.
As you can see, the possibilities are endless. Visit Danmer’s website to see what Danmer can do for your bedroom. Or, if you’re ready to experience the Danmer Difference first hand, call us 24/7 at (800) 684-3434 to set up your FREE in-home consultation.
Choosing the RIGHT shutters for your home can be a challenge — especially when they seem to all look kind of alike. Sure, at first glance, they can look similar to an untrained eye. But the truth is: If you select the wrong company to make your shutters, you could end up with headaches, delays and constant repair issues. Not all shutters are the same. Here what separates the best Shutters from the rest:
- Quality shutters are constructed from quality materials. Be careful NOT to buy shutters that are made using glue, wood chips, and formaldehyde. This is very common but you wouldn’t know it unless you asked the Shutter manufacturer specifically. Danmer uses a solid, non-toxic polymer called Thermalite for a stronger and more reliable shutter.
- Shutter hardware should be built to last. While other shutter companies use hollow and weak plastic clips as hardware on their products, Danmer installs premium metal Tilt Rod hardware for maximum durability.
- Insist on a shutter that will function properly for the long haul. Only Danmer has the patented Duraglide Louver Tension System that’s so reliable, it’s guaranteed NEVER to need adjusting or tightening.
Without question, Danmer makes the finest custom shutters around. Not only are they guaranteed to never chip, warp, or discolor, they’re made and assembled right here in the USA!
Let Danmer show you the Danmer Difference: call us 24/7 at (800) 684-3434 to set up your free in-home consultation.
As of 2016, Danmer has now dedicated itself to 40 years of service to your neighborhood. We simply design, manufacturing and install the finest custom window coverings in the world. From innovative product design, to unsurpassed quality and relentless attention to detail, Danmer delivers the best products and customer service in the industry.
PLUS: We bring the showroom to you! Danmer believes that selecting new shutters for your home should be fun and relaxing, never stressful. That’s why our experienced and friendly Danmer representatives are available to visit your home, show you all the options, walk you through the Danmer process, and then deliver and install our top-of- the-line products directly to you. There’s no crowded showrooms to travel to! That’s the Danmer Difference!
Danmer is ready to accommodate all of your window covering needs. Contact us 24/7 at (800) 684-3434 to set up your free in-home consultation, or visit any of our 25+ SoCal locations to see the difference that Danmer can make in YOUR home.
Did you know that July is National Picnic Month, and just in case you’re throwing your own star spangled 4th of July shindig, here are 5 tips that will make sure your celebration is one for the ages!
- Fashionalbly festive foods. Add a decorative twist, like red and blue berries to cakes or presenting watermelon wedges on a stick to reinforce the colorful red-white-blue theme of the 4th.
- Declaration of entertainment. What’s the best way to pass time between eating and fireworks? Party games, of course! There are tons of kid-friendly 4th of July activities available — from scavenger hunts to epic water balloon battles — to keep the family entertained until the main event.
- Location, Location, Location. Whether you’re watching this year’s free displays from your backyard, or you’re enjoying the brilliant spectacles in a park or other public environment, two things are certain: safety is important, and a good view is crucial! Always research both aspects before choosing a spot for your picnic.
OK, so if you’re staying at home with your family or having some friends over, you can still often see lots of festivities and fireworks right out your windows. Danmer’s custom shutters and window coverings, proudly made in assembled in the USA, are designed to frame your windows with style and elegance so that you can get a full view of the action when desired, and shut it out when you’re finished for the night (and any other night, for that matter).
However you decide to celebrate, Danmer wishes your family a safe and happy 4th of July! Call us anytime at (800) 684-3434 to learn more about our custom window coverings and set up your free in-home consultation.
We can officially kiss spring goodbye. Say hello to summer! The extra sunlight and warmth is a welcomed resource for those who plan to spend these summer days outdoors. Hiking, biking, going to the beach (or amusement park), or many other outside activities come to mind. But if you’re spending several hours at a time indoors, those extra hours of sunlight may actually become more of a nuisance. The more direct sun our homes and offices get, the hotter these spaces become. Let’s face it: a room that’s made uncomfortably hot from the sunlight is not ideal for any activity.
Fortunately, there are ways to regulate unwanted sunlight. Custom Shutters, such as Danmer’s Thermalite Shutter Insulating System, can solve this problem two-fold. First, custom designed and professionally installed shutters can help you regulate sunlight, giving you exactly the amount that you and your family desire. Second, the shutters’ insulating properties will keep the heat out and the cool air in, which in-turn, will lower your energy bills by up to 35%!
Call Danmer 24/7 at (800) 684-3434 to learn more about our Thermalite Shutter Insulating System.
If you have a small child at home, safety in every room is a priority. Young children have a very inquisitive nature so one thing you can do to insure a safe environment for the little ones is to have window treatments that won’t cause them any harm. Check out this YouTube video at Parents For Window Blind Safety for some tips when child-proofing your windows with small children in your home. Here are a few things to know:
- Stay away from bulky blinds that can fall easily and get entangled with the young ones
- Make sure your shutters and blinds aren’t coated in any harmful dyes, paints or stains
- There are plenty of cordless alternatives or motorized systems for window treatments that can eliminate the risk of being exposed to dangerous cords
Danmer has a wide variety of safe, child-proof options for the window treatments within your home. Our goal is to reduce the risk of child endangerment with any window covering products. With child safety in mind, we offer plenty of nonhazardous ways to enhance your home to its fullest potential.
Did you know that you could get up to $500 in Federal Tax Credit just for installing selected window coverings into your home this year? The trick is to select the products that qualify for this Tax Credit and then have them installed before the end of the calendar year (in other words, before December 31, 2016). The good news is that Danmer offers a Custom Shutters option and a Hunter Douglas Shade option that both qualify for this tax credit.
Here’s the back-story: Back in 2009, President Obama signed The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. This “stimulus bill” included a federal tax credit on selected energy efficient products for the home purchased during 2009 and 2010. Although the original law has expired, The Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act of 2015 reinstated the federal tax credit for calendar year 2016. The home must be your principal residence.
Danmer’s patented Thermalite Shutter Insulating System qualifies for this program, as these shutters are manufactured to the criteria established as an “Eligible Building Envelope Component” and classified as an “insulation material or system” as defined in Section 4.01 of IRS Notice 2009-53. Thermalite Shutters are distributed exclusively by Danmer. CLICK HERE to learn more about Thermalite and HERE for the Hunter Douglas Shades that qualify for the Tax Credit. You can also review the Manufacturer’s Certification Statement and the simple FAQ page about the tax credit program here at www.danmer.com/2016taxcredit
If you add this tax credit to the ‘Buy One and then Get One” offer currently on the Danmer site, there may never be a better time to add elegance to your home at a great price. Call us at (888) 420-9892 to schedule your in-home design quote.
As a shopper, here are a few questions that most shutter companies would prefer you didn’t ask (because you won’t like the answer they give you):
- Are these shutters really custom made for me? Not all companies hand-craft their product to your specifications. Many companies use off-the shelf cookie-cutter shutter panels that are then fit to your openings. Be wary of this approach.
- Should I choose wood or other materials for my Shutters? Many companies don’t even have such options available. Only patented Thermalite Shutters from Danmer, unlike wood shutters, will NEVER peel, crack, warp, burn, or discolor.
- How fast can I get my shutters? Most companies import their parts and shutter materials from overseas. This can take 8-12 weeks for your shutters to arrive and assemble. But Danmer manufactures all of our shutters right here in the USA, which gives you the fastest turnaround time in the industry.
- Will shutters reduce my home energy bills? Not all shutters are made from materials that can reduce your home’s energy consumption by up to 3x better than wood shutters. Check out Danmer’s Thermalite Shutter Insulating System.
- Transferrable warranty? Insist on a warranty that’s actually transferable to the NEXT homeowner. These warranties are desirable because they can increase the resale value of your home. Trust in the company that gives you a copy in advance.
You can also download a copy of Danmer’s Shutter buying checklist called “ the 8 Questions that Most Shutter Companies Don’t Want You to Ask Them” Download it here. Or call us 24/7 at (800) 684-3434 to experience the Danmer Difference.