Whether you’ve been beating the heat with box fans or AC, you may feel like you’ve gotten the last laugh … until the electric bill comes — and then nobody’s laughing. It’s simple math: the hotter it gets, the more energy it takes to cool down, but by treating windows with energy efficient window coverings, such as Danmer’s Thermalite Shutters Insulating System, you can stay cool while slashing home energy bills by up to 35%. Here’s why:
- Maximize R-Value. Thermalite Shutters are great for double pane windows, providing one of the highest R-Value shutter ratings on the market.
- Less Heat Transfer. Using the Thermalite Shutters Insulating System in hot climates reduces the amount of heat transfer that enters into your home.
- Restricts Air Exchange. Thermalite Shutters allow you to control the amount of airflow traveling between your window openings and the outside environment.
- Lower Kilowatt Hours. Saving kilowatt hours means saving on your cooling bill, and Thermalite Shutters assists you in both.
- Enhanced Energy Efficiency. Thermalite Shutters will insulate your home up three-times better than wood shutters.
- Monthly Energy Savings. Energy efficient window coverings pay for themselves by keeping your home warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.
Ready to keep cool while saving some cold hard cash? Call us at (800) 684-3434 for a FREE in-home consultation, featuring Danmer’s Thermalite Shutter Insulating System.
We can officially kiss spring goodbye. Say hello to summer! The extra sunlight and warmth is a welcomed resource for those who plan to spend these summer days outdoors. Hiking, biking, going to the beach (or amusement park), or many other outside activities come to mind. But if you’re spending several hours at a time indoors, those extra hours of sunlight may actually become more of a nuisance. The more direct sun our homes and offices get, the hotter these spaces become. Let’s face it: a room that’s made uncomfortably hot from the sunlight is not ideal for any activity.
Fortunately, there are ways to regulate unwanted sunlight. Custom Shutters, such as Danmer’s Thermalite Shutter Insulating System, can solve this problem two-fold. First, custom designed and professionally installed shutters can help you regulate sunlight, giving you exactly the amount that you and your family desire. Second, the shutters’ insulating properties will keep the heat out and the cool air in, which in-turn, will lower your energy bills by up to 35%!
Call Danmer 24/7 at (800) 684-3434 to learn more about our Thermalite Shutter Insulating System.
Did you know that you could get up to $500 in Federal Tax Credit just for installing selected window coverings into your home this year? The trick is to select the products that qualify for this Tax Credit and then have them installed before the end of the calendar year (in other words, before December 31, 2016). The good news is that Danmer offers a Custom Shutters option and a Hunter Douglas Shade option that both qualify for this tax credit.
Here’s the back-story: Back in 2009, President Obama signed The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. This “stimulus bill” included a federal tax credit on selected energy efficient products for the home purchased during 2009 and 2010. Although the original law has expired, The Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act of 2015 reinstated the federal tax credit for calendar year 2016. The home must be your principal residence.
Danmer’s patented Thermalite Shutter Insulating System qualifies for this program, as these shutters are manufactured to the criteria established as an “Eligible Building Envelope Component” and classified as an “insulation material or system” as defined in Section 4.01 of IRS Notice 2009-53. Thermalite Shutters are distributed exclusively by Danmer. CLICK HERE to learn more about Thermalite and HERE for the Hunter Douglas Shades that qualify for the Tax Credit. You can also review the Manufacturer’s Certification Statement and the simple FAQ page about the tax credit program here at www.danmer.com/2016taxcredit
If you add this tax credit to the ‘Buy One and then Get One” offer currently on the Danmer site, there may never be a better time to add elegance to your home at a great price. Call us at (888) 420-9892 to schedule your in-home design quote.
As a shopper, here are a few questions that most shutter companies would prefer you didn’t ask (because you won’t like the answer they give you):
- Are these shutters really custom made for me? Not all companies hand-craft their product to your specifications. Many companies use off-the shelf cookie-cutter shutter panels that are then fit to your openings. Be wary of this approach.
- Should I choose wood or other materials for my Shutters? Many companies don’t even have such options available. Only patented Thermalite Shutters from Danmer, unlike wood shutters, will NEVER peel, crack, warp, burn, or discolor.
- How fast can I get my shutters? Most companies import their parts and shutter materials from overseas. This can take 8-12 weeks for your shutters to arrive and assemble. But Danmer manufactures all of our shutters right here in the USA, which gives you the fastest turnaround time in the industry.
- Will shutters reduce my home energy bills? Not all shutters are made from materials that can reduce your home’s energy consumption by up to 3x better than wood shutters. Check out Danmer’s Thermalite Shutter Insulating System.
- Transferrable warranty? Insist on a warranty that’s actually transferable to the NEXT homeowner. These warranties are desirable because they can increase the resale value of your home. Trust in the company that gives you a copy in advance.
You can also download a copy of Danmer’s Shutter buying checklist called “ the 8 Questions that Most Shutter Companies Don’t Want You to Ask Them” Download it here. Or call us 24/7 at (800) 684-3434 to experience the Danmer Difference.
Ordering custom window shutters can be a bit daunting! With so many styles, colors, and varieties, it can be hard to determine which would be best for your home. The best tip? ALWAYS consult with an industry professional before making such a decision, but here’s some advice to help you separate the outstanding from the inferior:
- Many shutter companies claim their products are made in the USA, but in reality, most of them are built from foreign parts and only assembled in the USA. Ask about this!
- Several shutter companies use materials that are not environmental friendly, and in fact are composed of substances such as glued wood chips and formaldehyde. Not good!
- Some shutter companies use hollow vinyl end caps and weak plastic clips to secure their shutters. These items will not last long and will need repair and adjustment regularly.
- Look for a Diamond Coat finish on the Shutters, using a non-toxic, water based material which is safer for your family.
- ALWAYS insist on a transferrable warranty, one that will actually add value to your home when you resell the property.
You can also download a copy of Danmer’s Shutter buying checklist called “ the 8 Questions that Most Shutter Companies Don’t Want You to Ask Them” Download it here. Visit us online at www.danmer.com or call us 24/7 at (800) 684-3434 to experience the Danmer Difference.
Home improvement season is in full swing, and homeowners everywhere are taking on projects as small as replacing kitchen tiles, to as large as full basement renovations. But what many homeowners don’t realize, is that not all home improvements help the overall resale value of a house. In fact, some can actually hurt it.
Since some home improvement projects tend to be inspired by fleeting seasonal trends, it’s good to make sure that they can be easily and inexpensively updated down the road, if the trend, for whatever reason, doesn’t catch on. Otherwise, it’s always a safe bet to limit big projects to carefully planned, and universally functional improvements that will always be in demand, in case you should you ever choose to sell your home.
One of the best home improvement projects worth undertaking is a window treatment upgrade. Window Shutters, a fine example of function meeting design, can give a room an elegant, timeless look and feel, and can compliment any decor. Danmer’s Shutters, such as those from the UltraLuxe and Thermalite varieties, include a very unique added benefit: each comes with a transferable warranty, which increases the value of your home, and can earn you more money if you ever decide to sell it.
Whatever home improvement projects you may be tackling this season, be sure to do plenty of research before starting, and consult industry professionals with any questions you may have. If your improvements should happen to include new window treatments, Danmer is here for you ever step of the way. Contact us at (800) 684-3434 to get started.
Winter is behind us (in most of the country, anyway). Now’s the season of fun and sun from Spring through Summer! There should be plenty of sunlight outdoors, but did you know that the sun’s rays can be healthy and useful to us indoors, as well?
Of course, letting sunlight into your home will keep it well lit – naturally – while cutting down on lightbulb usage. This will reduce your energy bill, a good thing. But without the proper window coverings, it can be difficult to manage the amount of light without damaging furnishings, flooring and even that treasured art pieces on your walls. Not good! Fortunately, there are window coverings specifically designed for both energy efficiency and home interior protection. These solutions come in a number of styles to fit your own personal décor and your budget.
Danmer’s Thermalite Shutter Insulating System, for example, can help save energy twofold: First, custom Thermalite shutters cut heat loss or gain through your windows, providing as much as 3 times the insulation of typical wood shutters. And second, Danmer shutters allow you to control the amount of sunlight that enters your home – which can reduce home energy bills by up to 35%.
Regulating sunlight can help create the ambiance you seek, while keeping those light switches in the off position. But let’s not forget the aesthetic as well as the practical: Thermalite shutters are elegant, easy to maintain, and look great in any room! Visit us at www.danmer.com or call us at (800) 684-3434 to set up your free in-home consultation.
So it’s tax season, and whether you’re expecting a refund or arranging to make payments, it’s a great idea to look for ways to cut expenses and save a few bucks in the upkeep of your home. There are actually a number of ways to save just by making simple improvements around the house! Here are five of the most cost effective:
- Replace Your Air Filter. To avoid higher energy bills, replace your air filters annually. Letting furnace air filters become clogged with dust and dirt can make it difficult for air to travel correctly, hence costing you more money to heat your home.
- Seal those heating ducts. Poorly sealed connections can actually cost homes up to 20% of their heat! Sealing up that heating ductwork can help spare a lot of shivers down the road and keep more money in your pocket.
- “Low Flow” water fixtures. “Low flow” is the way to go. They’re relatively inexpensive, easy to install, and can cut your water consumption nearly in half, lowering your water bills and reducing water waste overall.
- Use Weather stripping. Air can seep in and out during hot and cold weather, driving your energy bills up exponentially. Weather stripping is a temporary remedy in preventing unwanted loss of cool air in the summer and warm air in the winter.
Give Danmer a call at (800) 684-3434 to set up your free in-home consultation to see if the right window coverings can actually pay for themselves in reduce home energy bills, or visit us at www.danmer.com .
Though we’re just barely through the first quarter of 2016, there have already been some bold design motifs that are likely to have a big impact on next year’s home decor.
Where one school of design favors bright yellows, reds, and greens to usher in the excitement of spring, another, and perhaps more popular one, relies on more muted colors, such as black, lilac gray, and coffee-like shades of brown. In a year where relaxation and “unplugging” from a world run by technology are key, these monochromatic tones help compliment the lines and shapes created by a sleeker, more streamlined decor. This can include anything from angular and symmetrical arrangements of art and accessories, to the big and blocky furniture that is making a comeback in many homes — all with attention to the relaxation and comfort that many homeowners seek today.
In the kitchen, black stainless steel appliances are becoming very popular and may make their way into many modern kitchens in the near future. And why not? The black appliances look great against gray cabinetry and the other muted colors that we’ve adopted this year.
However you present your home for the remainder of 2016, don’t forget one of the most important details: windows. The light that comes in will directly effect the colors and objects you’ve worked so hard to display. With proper window coverings, the windows, themselves, become part of the decor! For example: shutters, one of the most popular treatments, can add to the square/rectangular motifs, while also applying their lines, textures, and dimensions to your room in any color, shape, or custom design of your choosing.
Visit us at www.danmer.com or call us at (800) 684-3434 to speak to trained professionals who are excited to help you find the right window coverings for your decor and budget!