Halloween is around the corner, so it’s likely that you and your family are planning a fun-filled season full of tricks and treats. Fun costumes, scary movies, haunted attractions, and other forms of spooky entertainment make for festive frights that are usually harmless.
But beware, as accidents do happen. The best way to avoid them is to ensure that precautions are taken to ensure a happy Halloween for all. Here are a few helpful tips promote family safety, both in and out of your home:
- When taking the kids on a trick-or-treat run, make sure they are wearing costumes with light colors, glow sticks, and/or reflective elements for maximum visibility to drivers.
- If the kids are trick-or-treating without adult supervision, make sure they travel in a group, and only visit houses in familiar neighborhoods.
- When driving, remain alert and drive slowly in residential areas where young pedestrians may be present.
- If you’re hosting a Halloween party, be sure to inspect your home for possible dangers. Did you know that over 500 children have suffered strangulations due to unsafe blinds and shade cords over the past few decades in the U.S. alone? Think about retrofitting your shades or blinds with cordless operations, retractable lift cords, cord tensioners, or wand controls.
Ready to make your window coverings child safe? Call Danmer at (800) 684-3434 to learn more about window coverings with child-safe features, and from the Danmer family to yours, have a safe and happy Halloween!
#Danmer #madeinUSA #shutters #windows #free #autumn #fall #Halloween #safety
Selecting the right Window treatments for your kitchen or bathrooms can be kind of tricky. Moisture from sinks, bathtubs, and other utilities can be really hard on your window coverings. The last thing you want to be replacing your window treatments every few years because of water damage. Fortunately, there are realistic options when it comes to fitting your windows with durable, yet elegant window treatments:
- Thermalite Shutters. Custom designed to fit your windows, Thermalite interior shutters are water-resistant, kitchen and bathroom safe, available in various styles, and guaranteed NEVER to crack, warp, peel or discolor. The right shutters will actually pay for themselves as these are a permanent solution for your window treatments.
- Provenance Woven Wooden Shades. While also resistant to kitchen moisture, Hunter Douglas’s Provenance® Woven Wood Shades offer another functionality to your kitchen: You can open them from the top for maximum light and privacy control.
- Vertical Blinds. Custom Vertical blinds are typically designed to fit your kitchen doors and windows and are highly customizable to fit your décor and your budget. Choose from dozens of modern styles, patterns and colors in both water-resistant fabrics and vinyl.
Ready to give your kitchen and elegant and functional upgrade? Give Danmer a call at (800) 684-3434 for a FREE in-home consultation.
#Danmer #madeinUSA #shutters #blinds #shades #windows #free #kitchen #SoCal
Autumn is in full swing. The winter holidays are just around the corner. So, maybe you’re thinking of ways to freshen up your home to get ready for a season of family gatherings and celebration. One of the easiest ways to simply and affordably spruce up your home is to refresh the look of something found in every room: your window coverings.
Choosing window treatments to enhance your room’s style and functionality can be done with just a little research and then a little planning ahead. To make your start on this project a breeze, here are the 3 basic window treatments for your consideration:
- Shutters. Available in a variety of shapes, colors, and styles, the right shutters are a permanent solution for your window coverings. They offer a considerable degree of control over privacy and incoming light. Insulated for energy efficiency, Danmer’s Shutters will reduce your electric bill and look great doing it! Just choose from popular styles and materials, such as Thermalite, Heritage Wood, UltraLuxe, and Plantation, and let Danmer do the rest!
- Shades. Hunter Douglas shades come in a colorful array of natural and man-made fibers that add beauty and texture to any room’s decor. Options include Roman shades, Honeycomb, Sheers, or Roller style. Danmer has just the right shades to fit your décor and your budget.
- Blinds. Hunter Douglas blinds crafted for elegance and functionality through your home. Options include Wooven Wood Blinds, Skyline Panels, Solid & Stain Wood Blinds, Faux Wood Horizontal Blinds, Vertical Blinds, and Motorized Window Blinds. Danmer has just the right shades to fit your décor and your budget.
If you’re still unsure of which window treatment will work best for your home, talk to an expert: call Danmer at (800) 684-3434 for a FREE in-home consultation. We’ll answer your questions and help you choose the best product to fit your decor and budget.
#Danmer #madeinUSA #shutters #blinds #shades #windows #free #autumn #fall
Did you know that Friday Oct 7th is World Smile Day? It’s actually the first Friday in October EVERY year. World Smile Day celebrates the ubiquitous yellow smiley and it promotes a simple idea: That everyone should do an act of kindness on this day, or to or help one person to smile, or both.
There’s actually been a proclamation made by the U.S. Congress to celebrate World Smile Day. Now that should put a smiley on your face.
Want to know a bit more about the smiley face? In 1963, the State Mutual Life Assurance Company hired Harvey Ball from Worcester, Massachusetts as a free lance artist to create a smiley face for use in improving company morale. It’s later popularity exploded in the 1970’s. The first World Smiley Day celebration was on October 1, 1999.
After Harvey died in 2001, the Harvey Ball World Smile Foundation was created to honor his name and memory. The Foundation continues as the official sponsor of World Smile Day® each year.
Danmer loves to make our Customers smile. We do this by helping them select just the right window coverings to fit the décor and budget of their home. Let us make you smile! Call Danmer today to set up your free in-home consultation (800) 684-3434.
#Danmer #madeinUSA #shutters #blinds #shades #windows # WorldSmileDay
September 23rd marks the first day of Autumn, our annual equinox that causes leaves to change color and days to get shorter. This colorful shift in environment creates a very distinct look that many love and look forward to every year. But as the scenery changes outdoors, you may feel inclined to duplicate the season’s color scheme indoors, as well. Here are a few tips for decorating your living space in the spirit of fall:
- Bring the outdoors in. Many elements of Autumn that look great outside can look great inside, too! Go ‘real’ with vivid plants, acorns, and foliage, or decorate with artificial leaves, pumpkins, and other vivid red, orange, and brown decor.
- Festive Candles. Not only can the look and purpose of a seasonal candle set a room’s mood or ‘theme’, but it can also display the season to your other senses, too! Fall candles come in a variety of aromas, including everything from pumpkin spice to fragrances of earth and rain. Some even produce the scent of a kitchen on Thanksgiving Day!
- Traditional holiday staples. In addition to adorning your living room with a general Autumn decor, you can also enhance it with elements that reflect the most famous of fall holidays: webs, spiders, and other creepy decor for Halloween, and wreaths, turkey decorations and cornucopias, for Thanksgiving.
- Window Magic. Your windows, some of the most important areas of any room, can be very functional in your holiday decor. As long as you can do so carefully, go wild! Surrounding your window coverings, whether they’re Shutters, Shades, or Blinds, with strings of colorful leaves or lights can be quite festive!
Window coverings, themselves, can become an instrumental part of your decor. By choosing versatile colors and patterns that work for any occasion, any decorating project can only help compliment the design that’s already in place. Call Danmer at (800) 684-3434 for a FREE in-home consultation to see the latest window covering styles and trends for fall.
We can officially kiss spring goodbye. Say hello to summer! The extra sunlight and warmth is a welcomed resource for those who plan to spend these summer days outdoors. Hiking, biking, going to the beach (or amusement park), or many other outside activities come to mind. But if you’re spending several hours at a time indoors, those extra hours of sunlight may actually become more of a nuisance. The more direct sun our homes and offices get, the hotter these spaces become. Let’s face it: a room that’s made uncomfortably hot from the sunlight is not ideal for any activity.
Fortunately, there are ways to regulate unwanted sunlight. Custom Shutters, such as Danmer’s Thermalite Shutter Insulating System, can solve this problem two-fold. First, custom designed and professionally installed shutters can help you regulate sunlight, giving you exactly the amount that you and your family desire. Second, the shutters’ insulating properties will keep the heat out and the cool air in, which in-turn, will lower your energy bills by up to 35%!
Call Danmer 24/7 at (800) 684-3434 to learn more about our Thermalite Shutter Insulating System.
Did you know that you could get up to $500 in Federal Tax Credit just for installing selected window coverings into your home this year? The trick is to select the products that qualify for this Tax Credit and then have them installed before the end of the calendar year (in other words, before December 31, 2016). The good news is that Danmer offers a Custom Shutters option and a Hunter Douglas Shade option that both qualify for this tax credit.
Here’s the back-story: Back in 2009, President Obama signed The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. This “stimulus bill” included a federal tax credit on selected energy efficient products for the home purchased during 2009 and 2010. Although the original law has expired, The Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act of 2015 reinstated the federal tax credit for calendar year 2016. The home must be your principal residence.
Danmer’s patented Thermalite Shutter Insulating System qualifies for this program, as these shutters are manufactured to the criteria established as an “Eligible Building Envelope Component” and classified as an “insulation material or system” as defined in Section 4.01 of IRS Notice 2009-53. Thermalite Shutters are distributed exclusively by Danmer. CLICK HERE to learn more about Thermalite and HERE for the Hunter Douglas Shades that qualify for the Tax Credit. You can also review the Manufacturer’s Certification Statement and the simple FAQ page about the tax credit program here at www.danmer.com/2016taxcredit
If you add this tax credit to the ‘Buy One and then Get One” offer currently on the Danmer site, there may never be a better time to add elegance to your home at a great price. Call us at (888) 420-9892 to schedule your in-home design quote.
As a shopper, here are a few questions that most shutter companies would prefer you didn’t ask (because you won’t like the answer they give you):
- Are these shutters really custom made for me? Not all companies hand-craft their product to your specifications. Many companies use off-the shelf cookie-cutter shutter panels that are then fit to your openings. Be wary of this approach.
- Should I choose wood or other materials for my Shutters? Many companies don’t even have such options available. Only patented Thermalite Shutters from Danmer, unlike wood shutters, will NEVER peel, crack, warp, burn, or discolor.
- How fast can I get my shutters? Most companies import their parts and shutter materials from overseas. This can take 8-12 weeks for your shutters to arrive and assemble. But Danmer manufactures all of our shutters right here in the USA, which gives you the fastest turnaround time in the industry.
- Will shutters reduce my home energy bills? Not all shutters are made from materials that can reduce your home’s energy consumption by up to 3x better than wood shutters. Check out Danmer’s Thermalite Shutter Insulating System.
- Transferrable warranty? Insist on a warranty that’s actually transferable to the NEXT homeowner. These warranties are desirable because they can increase the resale value of your home. Trust in the company that gives you a copy in advance.
You can also download a copy of Danmer’s Shutter buying checklist called “ the 8 Questions that Most Shutter Companies Don’t Want You to Ask Them” Download it here. Or call us 24/7 at (800) 684-3434 to experience the Danmer Difference.
So it’s tax season, and whether you’re expecting a refund or arranging to make payments, it’s a great idea to look for ways to cut expenses and save a few bucks in the upkeep of your home. There are actually a number of ways to save just by making simple improvements around the house! Here are five of the most cost effective:
- Replace Your Air Filter. To avoid higher energy bills, replace your air filters annually. Letting furnace air filters become clogged with dust and dirt can make it difficult for air to travel correctly, hence costing you more money to heat your home.
- Seal those heating ducts. Poorly sealed connections can actually cost homes up to 20% of their heat! Sealing up that heating ductwork can help spare a lot of shivers down the road and keep more money in your pocket.
- “Low Flow” water fixtures. “Low flow” is the way to go. They’re relatively inexpensive, easy to install, and can cut your water consumption nearly in half, lowering your water bills and reducing water waste overall.
- Use Weather stripping. Air can seep in and out during hot and cold weather, driving your energy bills up exponentially. Weather stripping is a temporary remedy in preventing unwanted loss of cool air in the summer and warm air in the winter.
Give Danmer a call at (800) 684-3434 to set up your free in-home consultation to see if the right window coverings can actually pay for themselves in reduce home energy bills, or visit us at www.danmer.com .