Autumn is in full swing. The winter holidays are just around the corner. So, maybe you’re thinking of ways to freshen up your home to get ready for a season of family gatherings and celebration. One of the easiest ways to simply and affordably spruce up your home is to refresh the look of something found in every room: your window coverings.
Choosing window treatments to enhance your room’s style and functionality can be done with just a little research and then a little planning ahead. To make your start on this project a breeze, here are the 3 basic window treatments for your consideration:
- Shutters. Available in a variety of shapes, colors, and styles, the right shutters are a permanent solution for your window coverings. They offer a considerable degree of control over privacy and incoming light. Insulated for energy efficiency, Danmer’s Shutters will reduce your electric bill and look great doing it! Just choose from popular styles and materials, such as Thermalite, Heritage Wood, UltraLuxe, and Plantation, and let Danmer do the rest!
- Shades. Hunter Douglas shades come in a colorful array of natural and man-made fibers that add beauty and texture to any room’s decor. Options include Roman shades, Honeycomb, Sheers, or Roller style. Danmer has just the right shades to fit your décor and your budget.
- Blinds. Hunter Douglas blinds crafted for elegance and functionality through your home. Options include Wooven Wood Blinds, Skyline Panels, Solid & Stain Wood Blinds, Faux Wood Horizontal Blinds, Vertical Blinds, and Motorized Window Blinds. Danmer has just the right shades to fit your décor and your budget.
If you’re still unsure of which window treatment will work best for your home, talk to an expert: call Danmer at (800) 684-3434 for a FREE in-home consultation. We’ll answer your questions and help you choose the best product to fit your decor and budget.
#Danmer #madeinUSA #shutters #blinds #shades #windows #free #autumn #fall
Did you know that Friday Oct 7th is World Smile Day? It’s actually the first Friday in October EVERY year. World Smile Day celebrates the ubiquitous yellow smiley and it promotes a simple idea: That everyone should do an act of kindness on this day, or to or help one person to smile, or both.
There’s actually been a proclamation made by the U.S. Congress to celebrate World Smile Day. Now that should put a smiley on your face.
Want to know a bit more about the smiley face? In 1963, the State Mutual Life Assurance Company hired Harvey Ball from Worcester, Massachusetts as a free lance artist to create a smiley face for use in improving company morale. It’s later popularity exploded in the 1970’s. The first World Smiley Day celebration was on October 1, 1999.
After Harvey died in 2001, the Harvey Ball World Smile Foundation was created to honor his name and memory. The Foundation continues as the official sponsor of World Smile Day® each year.
Danmer loves to make our Customers smile. We do this by helping them select just the right window coverings to fit the décor and budget of their home. Let us make you smile! Call Danmer today to set up your free in-home consultation (800) 684-3434.
#Danmer #madeinUSA #shutters #blinds #shades #windows # WorldSmileDay
September 23rd marks the first day of Autumn, our annual equinox that causes leaves to change color and days to get shorter. This colorful shift in environment creates a very distinct look that many love and look forward to every year. But as the scenery changes outdoors, you may feel inclined to duplicate the season’s color scheme indoors, as well. Here are a few tips for decorating your living space in the spirit of fall:
- Bring the outdoors in. Many elements of Autumn that look great outside can look great inside, too! Go ‘real’ with vivid plants, acorns, and foliage, or decorate with artificial leaves, pumpkins, and other vivid red, orange, and brown decor.
- Festive Candles. Not only can the look and purpose of a seasonal candle set a room’s mood or ‘theme’, but it can also display the season to your other senses, too! Fall candles come in a variety of aromas, including everything from pumpkin spice to fragrances of earth and rain. Some even produce the scent of a kitchen on Thanksgiving Day!
- Traditional holiday staples. In addition to adorning your living room with a general Autumn decor, you can also enhance it with elements that reflect the most famous of fall holidays: webs, spiders, and other creepy decor for Halloween, and wreaths, turkey decorations and cornucopias, for Thanksgiving.
- Window Magic. Your windows, some of the most important areas of any room, can be very functional in your holiday decor. As long as you can do so carefully, go wild! Surrounding your window coverings, whether they’re Shutters, Shades, or Blinds, with strings of colorful leaves or lights can be quite festive!
Window coverings, themselves, can become an instrumental part of your decor. By choosing versatile colors and patterns that work for any occasion, any decorating project can only help compliment the design that’s already in place. Call Danmer at (800) 684-3434 for a FREE in-home consultation to see the latest window covering styles and trends for fall.
Your bedroom is your sanctuary. It’s where you can escape from the world and catch some well-deserved z’s. But whether you’re awake or asleep, there’s no reason why your bedroom shouldn’t be looking fantastic at all times. Here are 5 of the best ways to feature shutters in your bedroom:
- Master Bedroom with Specialty Shutters. Danmer’s UltraLuxe Shutters can be installed in any opening, any door, any window or any specialty shape. They add a simple, but sleek and elegant design to each window.
- Eco friendly Thermalite Shutters. Master bedrooms with larger windows can be fitted with bi-folding custom panel shutters, perfectly functional and color matched to fit any decor! And Thermalite’s energy saving properties will keep you warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.
- Specialty Arch or Slant Top Shutters. A beautiful window deserves a beautiful window covering. UltraLuxe Shutters are custom designed and installed for Fan Top windows, Arch windows and Slant Top windows – all of which are a difficult fit for most other window covering companies…but a breeze for Danmer.
- Double Hung Custom Shutters. Double Hung Thermalite shutters add more control of light and privacy to any shutter design. Simply open the shutter doors for a clear, open view of your backyard, whether it’s the patio, the pool, or your window to beautiful sunrises and sunsets.
- Shutters in Bedroom with Bay Window. Like other unusually shaped and sized windows, bay windows add significant beauty to any room. Adding custom shutters to them enhances that beauty, while adding privacy, light control, and temperature regulation.
As you can see, the possibilities are endless. Visit Danmer’s website to see what Danmer can do for your bedroom. Or, if you’re ready to experience the Danmer Difference first hand, call us 24/7 at (800) 684-3434 to set up your FREE in-home consultation.
We can officially kiss spring goodbye. Say hello to summer! The extra sunlight and warmth is a welcomed resource for those who plan to spend these summer days outdoors. Hiking, biking, going to the beach (or amusement park), or many other outside activities come to mind. But if you’re spending several hours at a time indoors, those extra hours of sunlight may actually become more of a nuisance. The more direct sun our homes and offices get, the hotter these spaces become. Let’s face it: a room that’s made uncomfortably hot from the sunlight is not ideal for any activity.
Fortunately, there are ways to regulate unwanted sunlight. Custom Shutters, such as Danmer’s Thermalite Shutter Insulating System, can solve this problem two-fold. First, custom designed and professionally installed shutters can help you regulate sunlight, giving you exactly the amount that you and your family desire. Second, the shutters’ insulating properties will keep the heat out and the cool air in, which in-turn, will lower your energy bills by up to 35%!
Call Danmer 24/7 at (800) 684-3434 to learn more about our Thermalite Shutter Insulating System.
Did you know that you could get up to $500 in Federal Tax Credit just for installing selected window coverings into your home this year? The trick is to select the products that qualify for this Tax Credit and then have them installed before the end of the calendar year (in other words, before December 31, 2016). The good news is that Danmer offers a Custom Shutters option and a Hunter Douglas Shade option that both qualify for this tax credit.
Here’s the back-story: Back in 2009, President Obama signed The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. This “stimulus bill” included a federal tax credit on selected energy efficient products for the home purchased during 2009 and 2010. Although the original law has expired, The Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act of 2015 reinstated the federal tax credit for calendar year 2016. The home must be your principal residence.
Danmer’s patented Thermalite Shutter Insulating System qualifies for this program, as these shutters are manufactured to the criteria established as an “Eligible Building Envelope Component” and classified as an “insulation material or system” as defined in Section 4.01 of IRS Notice 2009-53. Thermalite Shutters are distributed exclusively by Danmer. CLICK HERE to learn more about Thermalite and HERE for the Hunter Douglas Shades that qualify for the Tax Credit. You can also review the Manufacturer’s Certification Statement and the simple FAQ page about the tax credit program here at www.danmer.com/2016taxcredit
If you add this tax credit to the ‘Buy One and then Get One” offer currently on the Danmer site, there may never be a better time to add elegance to your home at a great price. Call us at (888) 420-9892 to schedule your in-home design quote.
As a shopper, here are a few questions that most shutter companies would prefer you didn’t ask (because you won’t like the answer they give you):
- Are these shutters really custom made for me? Not all companies hand-craft their product to your specifications. Many companies use off-the shelf cookie-cutter shutter panels that are then fit to your openings. Be wary of this approach.
- Should I choose wood or other materials for my Shutters? Many companies don’t even have such options available. Only patented Thermalite Shutters from Danmer, unlike wood shutters, will NEVER peel, crack, warp, burn, or discolor.
- How fast can I get my shutters? Most companies import their parts and shutter materials from overseas. This can take 8-12 weeks for your shutters to arrive and assemble. But Danmer manufactures all of our shutters right here in the USA, which gives you the fastest turnaround time in the industry.
- Will shutters reduce my home energy bills? Not all shutters are made from materials that can reduce your home’s energy consumption by up to 3x better than wood shutters. Check out Danmer’s Thermalite Shutter Insulating System.
- Transferrable warranty? Insist on a warranty that’s actually transferable to the NEXT homeowner. These warranties are desirable because they can increase the resale value of your home. Trust in the company that gives you a copy in advance.
You can also download a copy of Danmer’s Shutter buying checklist called “ the 8 Questions that Most Shutter Companies Don’t Want You to Ask Them” Download it here. Or call us 24/7 at (800) 684-3434 to experience the Danmer Difference.
Yes, love is in the air! Valentine’s Day brings cards, candies, flowers, and jewelry. But why should chocolate makers and jewelry shops have all the fun? There are so many ways to add a personal touch to the Valentine’s holiday.
How about some special decorating ideas for Valentine’s Day? OK, so it’s not Halloween or Christmas, but there are plenty of ways to set the mood for that special someone. There are always heart-shaped ceramics, candy dishes, and pillows that you can pick up from the seasonal aisle at the local superstore. But there are also plenty of fun DIY projects if you like to think outside of the heart-shaped box, so to speak.
How about a heart-shaped arrangement of small rose-colored candles and a trail of rose petals are a lovely start to a romantic evening? And for the less intimate guests, homemade Valentine cards and streamers and can easily be strewn across the window or fireplace, each depicting hearts or cupid-shaped silhouettes.
For the more adventurous decorator, the windows are where it’s at! Everything from temporary decals, to custom rose wreaths, to light-up decorations can ignite your Valentine’s spirit for that special someone or for the whole neighborhood!
If you decide to decorate your windows, just remember that framing your adornments is important. White or neutral-colored window coverings tend to work best with shades of red. If you’re in the market for new coverings, this Valentine’s day is the perfect time to show your home some love by investing in some elegant, long-lasting, durable window shutters. Call (800) 684-3434 to take advantage of our Valentine’s Day Buy One, Get One 50% off Special! (Your windows will love you for it.)
Don’t ever settle for “cookie-cutter” stock items when it comes to Shutters, or any window coverings, for that matter. That can be a recipe for disaster! Danmer Shutters are custom made by expert craftsmen for your home specifications right in our own facility here in the U.S.A.
When you order window coverings from Danmer, our friendly and experienced Window Covering Specialists are dedicated to making sure that your experience is fun and relaxing, never stressful.
During your free in-home consultation, we’ll bring the show room to you! Danmer’s representative will show you all of the available options so you can select just the right window coverings for your home. Your Danmer representative will help you with all you need ton know such as colors, styles, light control, energy efficiency, and cost. No Cookie-cutter approach from Danmer. That’s the Danmer Difference!
Danmer will then deliver and install your shutters with the fastest turnaround time in the industry! We can do this because we make your Shutters right here in our own factory to your specifications. The results are elegant custom shutters that are safe, energy efficient, easy to clean, and guaranteed to increase the value of your home.
For over 30 years, Danmer has been committed to designing and building the finest shutters in the world, while treating every customer like they are friends and family. Give us a call at (800) 684-3434 to learn what Danmer can do for you.
So as of last week, the Earth shifted into winter solstice mode. This causes the Earth’s northern hemisphere (where we in the U.S. live) to receive less sunlight each day until next spring. This is because the sun rises from south of due east, and sets south of due west, giving us only a 38 degree arc of sunlight –– significantly less than the luminous 86 degree arc we enjoy in the summer. It only sounds complicated, but we all feel this effect every day whether we acknowledge it or not.
As the sun (and temperature) drops, the winter chill can set in rather quickly, especially in areas with colder climates. One possible remedy for this is to let daylight into your home through south-facing windows to absorb heat in the morning and afternoon, but there is one drawback: exposing windows completely leaves your home vulnerable to too much heat, lack of privacy, and potentially bad window glare as well.
The good news is that there’s no reason for windows to be fully exposed. Danmer’s Plantation Shutters provide an optimal view and are designed to give you maximum control over incoming sunlight and heat. In fact, the right Plantation Shutter can lower your home energy bills by up to 35% while maintaining privacy, and adding style and elegance to any room in your home. Give us a call at (800) 684-3434 to schedule your free in-home consultation, or visit us online at www.danmer.com.