Selecting the right Window treatments for your kitchen or bathrooms can be kind of tricky. Moisture from sinks, bathtubs, and other utilities can be really hard on your window coverings. The last thing you want to be replacing your window treatments every few years because of water damage. Fortunately, there are realistic options when it comes to fitting your windows with durable, yet elegant window treatments:
- Thermalite Shutters. Custom designed to fit your windows, Thermalite interior shutters are water-resistant, kitchen and bathroom safe, available in various styles, and guaranteed NEVER to crack, warp, peel or discolor. The right shutters will actually pay for themselves as these are a permanent solution for your window treatments.
- Provenance Woven Wooden Shades. While also resistant to kitchen moisture, Hunter Douglas’s Provenance® Woven Wood Shades offer another functionality to your kitchen: You can open them from the top for maximum light and privacy control.
- Vertical Blinds. Custom Vertical blinds are typically designed to fit your kitchen doors and windows and are highly customizable to fit your décor and your budget. Choose from dozens of modern styles, patterns and colors in both water-resistant fabrics and vinyl.
Ready to give your kitchen and elegant and functional upgrade? Give Danmer a call at (800) 684-3434 for a FREE in-home consultation.
#Danmer #madeinUSA #shutters #blinds #shades #windows #free #kitchen #SoCal
Autumn is in full swing. The winter holidays are just around the corner. So, maybe you’re thinking of ways to freshen up your home to get ready for a season of family gatherings and celebration. One of the easiest ways to simply and affordably spruce up your home is to refresh the look of something found in every room: your window coverings.
Choosing window treatments to enhance your room’s style and functionality can be done with just a little research and then a little planning ahead. To make your start on this project a breeze, here are the 3 basic window treatments for your consideration:
- Shutters. Available in a variety of shapes, colors, and styles, the right shutters are a permanent solution for your window coverings. They offer a considerable degree of control over privacy and incoming light. Insulated for energy efficiency, Danmer’s Shutters will reduce your electric bill and look great doing it! Just choose from popular styles and materials, such as Thermalite, Heritage Wood, UltraLuxe, and Plantation, and let Danmer do the rest!
- Shades. Hunter Douglas shades come in a colorful array of natural and man-made fibers that add beauty and texture to any room’s decor. Options include Roman shades, Honeycomb, Sheers, or Roller style. Danmer has just the right shades to fit your décor and your budget.
- Blinds. Hunter Douglas blinds crafted for elegance and functionality through your home. Options include Wooven Wood Blinds, Skyline Panels, Solid & Stain Wood Blinds, Faux Wood Horizontal Blinds, Vertical Blinds, and Motorized Window Blinds. Danmer has just the right shades to fit your décor and your budget.
If you’re still unsure of which window treatment will work best for your home, talk to an expert: call Danmer at (800) 684-3434 for a FREE in-home consultation. We’ll answer your questions and help you choose the best product to fit your decor and budget.
#Danmer #madeinUSA #shutters #blinds #shades #windows #free #autumn #fall
Did you know that Friday Oct 7th is World Smile Day? It’s actually the first Friday in October EVERY year. World Smile Day celebrates the ubiquitous yellow smiley and it promotes a simple idea: That everyone should do an act of kindness on this day, or to or help one person to smile, or both.
There’s actually been a proclamation made by the U.S. Congress to celebrate World Smile Day. Now that should put a smiley on your face.
Want to know a bit more about the smiley face? In 1963, the State Mutual Life Assurance Company hired Harvey Ball from Worcester, Massachusetts as a free lance artist to create a smiley face for use in improving company morale. It’s later popularity exploded in the 1970’s. The first World Smiley Day celebration was on October 1, 1999.
After Harvey died in 2001, the Harvey Ball World Smile Foundation was created to honor his name and memory. The Foundation continues as the official sponsor of World Smile Day® each year.
Danmer loves to make our Customers smile. We do this by helping them select just the right window coverings to fit the décor and budget of their home. Let us make you smile! Call Danmer today to set up your free in-home consultation (800) 684-3434.
#Danmer #madeinUSA #shutters #blinds #shades #windows # WorldSmileDay
September 23rd marks the first day of Autumn, our annual equinox that causes leaves to change color and days to get shorter. This colorful shift in environment creates a very distinct look that many love and look forward to every year. But as the scenery changes outdoors, you may feel inclined to duplicate the season’s color scheme indoors, as well. Here are a few tips for decorating your living space in the spirit of fall:
- Bring the outdoors in. Many elements of Autumn that look great outside can look great inside, too! Go ‘real’ with vivid plants, acorns, and foliage, or decorate with artificial leaves, pumpkins, and other vivid red, orange, and brown decor.
- Festive Candles. Not only can the look and purpose of a seasonal candle set a room’s mood or ‘theme’, but it can also display the season to your other senses, too! Fall candles come in a variety of aromas, including everything from pumpkin spice to fragrances of earth and rain. Some even produce the scent of a kitchen on Thanksgiving Day!
- Traditional holiday staples. In addition to adorning your living room with a general Autumn decor, you can also enhance it with elements that reflect the most famous of fall holidays: webs, spiders, and other creepy decor for Halloween, and wreaths, turkey decorations and cornucopias, for Thanksgiving.
- Window Magic. Your windows, some of the most important areas of any room, can be very functional in your holiday decor. As long as you can do so carefully, go wild! Surrounding your window coverings, whether they’re Shutters, Shades, or Blinds, with strings of colorful leaves or lights can be quite festive!
Window coverings, themselves, can become an instrumental part of your decor. By choosing versatile colors and patterns that work for any occasion, any decorating project can only help compliment the design that’s already in place. Call Danmer at (800) 684-3434 for a FREE in-home consultation to see the latest window covering styles and trends for fall.
Whether you’ve been beating the heat with box fans or AC, you may feel like you’ve gotten the last laugh … until the electric bill comes — and then nobody’s laughing. It’s simple math: the hotter it gets, the more energy it takes to cool down, but by treating windows with energy efficient window coverings, such as Danmer’s Thermalite Shutters Insulating System, you can stay cool while slashing home energy bills by up to 35%. Here’s why:
- Maximize R-Value. Thermalite Shutters are great for double pane windows, providing one of the highest R-Value shutter ratings on the market.
- Less Heat Transfer. Using the Thermalite Shutters Insulating System in hot climates reduces the amount of heat transfer that enters into your home.
- Restricts Air Exchange. Thermalite Shutters allow you to control the amount of airflow traveling between your window openings and the outside environment.
- Lower Kilowatt Hours. Saving kilowatt hours means saving on your cooling bill, and Thermalite Shutters assists you in both.
- Enhanced Energy Efficiency. Thermalite Shutters will insulate your home up three-times better than wood shutters.
- Monthly Energy Savings. Energy efficient window coverings pay for themselves by keeping your home warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.
Ready to keep cool while saving some cold hard cash? Call us at (800) 684-3434 for a FREE in-home consultation, featuring Danmer’s Thermalite Shutter Insulating System.
We all know what it’s like when kids are being kids: they’re curious, imaginative, and full of more energy than we can remember having at that age. But as cherished as their rambunctiousness can be at that age, it can also be troublesome — or even dangerous — if it’s let loose in an unsafe environment.
Though they can seem harmless at first glance, even the most basic window coverings and dangling cords can pose a lethal threat to young children. That’s why Danmer fashions products specifically designed to keep your infants, children, and pets safe, and to help avoid often-overlooked pitfalls such as these ones.
With that in mind, Danmer designs and manufactures window coverings with a number of key safety features to keep your little ones out of harm’s way, including:
- Retractable lift cords
- Cord tensioners
- Wand controls
- Cordless & motorized operating systems
- Custom Shutters (cordless by design)
Danmer takes your family’s needs very seriously. That’s why we strive for Elegance, Value, and Safety in every product: That’s the Danmer Difference. Contact us at (800) 684-3434 for a FREE in-home consultation, and to explore the safest, most stylish window coverings for your home.
Your bedroom is your sanctuary. It’s where you can escape from the world and catch some well-deserved z’s. But whether you’re awake or asleep, there’s no reason why your bedroom shouldn’t be looking fantastic at all times. Here are 5 of the best ways to feature shutters in your bedroom:
- Master Bedroom with Specialty Shutters. Danmer’s UltraLuxe Shutters can be installed in any opening, any door, any window or any specialty shape. They add a simple, but sleek and elegant design to each window.
- Eco friendly Thermalite Shutters. Master bedrooms with larger windows can be fitted with bi-folding custom panel shutters, perfectly functional and color matched to fit any decor! And Thermalite’s energy saving properties will keep you warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.
- Specialty Arch or Slant Top Shutters. A beautiful window deserves a beautiful window covering. UltraLuxe Shutters are custom designed and installed for Fan Top windows, Arch windows and Slant Top windows – all of which are a difficult fit for most other window covering companies…but a breeze for Danmer.
- Double Hung Custom Shutters. Double Hung Thermalite shutters add more control of light and privacy to any shutter design. Simply open the shutter doors for a clear, open view of your backyard, whether it’s the patio, the pool, or your window to beautiful sunrises and sunsets.
- Shutters in Bedroom with Bay Window. Like other unusually shaped and sized windows, bay windows add significant beauty to any room. Adding custom shutters to them enhances that beauty, while adding privacy, light control, and temperature regulation.
As you can see, the possibilities are endless. Visit Danmer’s website to see what Danmer can do for your bedroom. Or, if you’re ready to experience the Danmer Difference first hand, call us 24/7 at (800) 684-3434 to set up your FREE in-home consultation.
To wood, or not to wood? That is the question. Wood blinds in your home will display a distinct and desirable look that can’t be duplicated by any other window coverings? Did you know that all wood blinds are not solid wood? There are alternative materials that represent the same look and feel of wood blinds. Here are a few of the blinds and the materials that we recommend you consider:
- Woven Wood Blinds create a warm, natural look that transforms incoming sunlight into captivating design statements. Offered in Provenance and Alustra varieties from Hunter Douglas, our woven wood blinds are available in countless designs and textures.
- Faux Wood Blinds are an economical and attractive solution when you want the look of a wood-grained finish, crafted from a durable and easy to clean synthetic material.
- Solid & Stain Wood Blinds from Hunter Douglas are the real wood option, made from beautiful hardwood grains for added a sense of warmth and natural beauty. Whether you’re looking for classic colors and wood grains or modern stains and wire-brushed textures, Danmer offers you a wide selection of solid and stain wood blinds.
If blinds made of wood or faux wood is your material of choice, visit our website to see our selection of blinds, or call us at (800) 684-3434 for a FREE in-home consultation and we’ll bring the show room to YOU!
The “era of relaxation” isn’t going away anytime soon. American families have grown fond of living spaces that allow them to unplug and unwind from the hectic pace of life these days. But as we near the midpoint of 2016, cheerful and up-beat colors are still in vogue and a new flock of “trends” in interior design look a lot like recent tried and true standards for summer. Here are 3 of the most popular summer design trends so far:
- Bright colors. Many homes are taking on furniture and decor featuring bright and cheery colors, mixed with soothing, blues and greens (especially in coastal areas). This tends to reinforce the ‘vibrance’ of summer and creates a beach-like ambiance in your home.
- Outdoor comes in. You’re probably spending more time outdoors than indoors during the summer, but you can still bring the season’s best elements inside with you. There’s no stopping the current nature trend by decorating homes with lots of indoor plants and trees and the warm earth tones to complement them.
- Window improvements. The right Window Coverings remain the best way to complement to any decor while you regulate the amount of light that gets in, and how much of your room’s decor they illuminate. With nearly limitless possibilities for colors, styles, and shapes, swapping out window treatments can transform an entire room or your entire house without breaking the bank.
Before taking on any major home improvement projects, it’s always good to research upcoming trends and home improvement solutions — and never hesitate to consult industry professionals with any questions you may have.
If your summer decor plan includes a window treatment upgrade, contact Danmer to find the solution that best fits your style and budget.