Did you know that Friday Oct 7th is World Smile Day? It’s actually the first Friday in October EVERY year. World Smile Day celebrates the ubiquitous yellow smiley and it promotes a simple idea: That everyone should do an act of kindness on this day, or to or help one person to smile, or both.
There’s actually been a proclamation made by the U.S. Congress to celebrate World Smile Day. Now that should put a smiley on your face.
Want to know a bit more about the smiley face? In 1963, the State Mutual Life Assurance Company hired Harvey Ball from Worcester, Massachusetts as a free lance artist to create a smiley face for use in improving company morale. It’s later popularity exploded in the 1970’s. The first World Smiley Day celebration was on October 1, 1999.
After Harvey died in 2001, the Harvey Ball World Smile Foundation was created to honor his name and memory. The Foundation continues as the official sponsor of World Smile Day® each year.
Danmer loves to make our Customers smile. We do this by helping them select just the right window coverings to fit the décor and budget of their home. Let us make you smile! Call Danmer today to set up your free in-home consultation (800) 684-3434.
#Danmer #madeinUSA #shutters #blinds #shades #windows # WorldSmileDay
September 23rd marks the first day of Autumn, our annual equinox that causes leaves to change color and days to get shorter. This colorful shift in environment creates a very distinct look that many love and look forward to every year. But as the scenery changes outdoors, you may feel inclined to duplicate the season’s color scheme indoors, as well. Here are a few tips for decorating your living space in the spirit of fall:
- Bring the outdoors in. Many elements of Autumn that look great outside can look great inside, too! Go ‘real’ with vivid plants, acorns, and foliage, or decorate with artificial leaves, pumpkins, and other vivid red, orange, and brown decor.
- Festive Candles. Not only can the look and purpose of a seasonal candle set a room’s mood or ‘theme’, but it can also display the season to your other senses, too! Fall candles come in a variety of aromas, including everything from pumpkin spice to fragrances of earth and rain. Some even produce the scent of a kitchen on Thanksgiving Day!
- Traditional holiday staples. In addition to adorning your living room with a general Autumn decor, you can also enhance it with elements that reflect the most famous of fall holidays: webs, spiders, and other creepy decor for Halloween, and wreaths, turkey decorations and cornucopias, for Thanksgiving.
- Window Magic. Your windows, some of the most important areas of any room, can be very functional in your holiday decor. As long as you can do so carefully, go wild! Surrounding your window coverings, whether they’re Shutters, Shades, or Blinds, with strings of colorful leaves or lights can be quite festive!
Window coverings, themselves, can become an instrumental part of your decor. By choosing versatile colors and patterns that work for any occasion, any decorating project can only help compliment the design that’s already in place. Call Danmer at (800) 684-3434 for a FREE in-home consultation to see the latest window covering styles and trends for fall.
We all know what it’s like when kids are being kids: they’re curious, imaginative, and full of more energy than we can remember having at that age. But as cherished as their rambunctiousness can be at that age, it can also be troublesome — or even dangerous — if it’s let loose in an unsafe environment.
Though they can seem harmless at first glance, even the most basic window coverings and dangling cords can pose a lethal threat to young children. That’s why Danmer fashions products specifically designed to keep your infants, children, and pets safe, and to help avoid often-overlooked pitfalls such as these ones.
With that in mind, Danmer designs and manufactures window coverings with a number of key safety features to keep your little ones out of harm’s way, including:
- Retractable lift cords
- Cord tensioners
- Wand controls
- Cordless & motorized operating systems
- Custom Shutters (cordless by design)
Danmer takes your family’s needs very seriously. That’s why we strive for Elegance, Value, and Safety in every product: That’s the Danmer Difference. Contact us at (800) 684-3434 for a FREE in-home consultation, and to explore the safest, most stylish window coverings for your home.
Your bedroom is your sanctuary. It’s where you can escape from the world and catch some well-deserved z’s. But whether you’re awake or asleep, there’s no reason why your bedroom shouldn’t be looking fantastic at all times. Here are 5 of the best ways to feature shutters in your bedroom:
- Master Bedroom with Specialty Shutters. Danmer’s UltraLuxe Shutters can be installed in any opening, any door, any window or any specialty shape. They add a simple, but sleek and elegant design to each window.
- Eco friendly Thermalite Shutters. Master bedrooms with larger windows can be fitted with bi-folding custom panel shutters, perfectly functional and color matched to fit any decor! And Thermalite’s energy saving properties will keep you warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.
- Specialty Arch or Slant Top Shutters. A beautiful window deserves a beautiful window covering. UltraLuxe Shutters are custom designed and installed for Fan Top windows, Arch windows and Slant Top windows – all of which are a difficult fit for most other window covering companies…but a breeze for Danmer.
- Double Hung Custom Shutters. Double Hung Thermalite shutters add more control of light and privacy to any shutter design. Simply open the shutter doors for a clear, open view of your backyard, whether it’s the patio, the pool, or your window to beautiful sunrises and sunsets.
- Shutters in Bedroom with Bay Window. Like other unusually shaped and sized windows, bay windows add significant beauty to any room. Adding custom shutters to them enhances that beauty, while adding privacy, light control, and temperature regulation.
As you can see, the possibilities are endless. Visit Danmer’s website to see what Danmer can do for your bedroom. Or, if you’re ready to experience the Danmer Difference first hand, call us 24/7 at (800) 684-3434 to set up your FREE in-home consultation.
To wood, or not to wood? That is the question. Wood blinds in your home will display a distinct and desirable look that can’t be duplicated by any other window coverings? Did you know that all wood blinds are not solid wood? There are alternative materials that represent the same look and feel of wood blinds. Here are a few of the blinds and the materials that we recommend you consider:
- Woven Wood Blinds create a warm, natural look that transforms incoming sunlight into captivating design statements. Offered in Provenance and Alustra varieties from Hunter Douglas, our woven wood blinds are available in countless designs and textures.
- Faux Wood Blinds are an economical and attractive solution when you want the look of a wood-grained finish, crafted from a durable and easy to clean synthetic material.
- Solid & Stain Wood Blinds from Hunter Douglas are the real wood option, made from beautiful hardwood grains for added a sense of warmth and natural beauty. Whether you’re looking for classic colors and wood grains or modern stains and wire-brushed textures, Danmer offers you a wide selection of solid and stain wood blinds.
If blinds made of wood or faux wood is your material of choice, visit our website to see our selection of blinds, or call us at (800) 684-3434 for a FREE in-home consultation and we’ll bring the show room to YOU!
Did you know that you could get up to $500 in Federal Tax Credit just for installing selected window coverings into your home this year? The trick is to select the products that qualify for this Tax Credit and then have them installed before the end of the calendar year (in other words, before December 31, 2016). The good news is that Danmer offers a Custom Shutters option and a Hunter Douglas Shade option that both qualify for this tax credit.
Here’s the back-story: Back in 2009, President Obama signed The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. This “stimulus bill” included a federal tax credit on selected energy efficient products for the home purchased during 2009 and 2010. Although the original law has expired, The Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act of 2015 reinstated the federal tax credit for calendar year 2016. The home must be your principal residence.
Danmer’s patented Thermalite Shutter Insulating System qualifies for this program, as these shutters are manufactured to the criteria established as an “Eligible Building Envelope Component” and classified as an “insulation material or system” as defined in Section 4.01 of IRS Notice 2009-53. Thermalite Shutters are distributed exclusively by Danmer. CLICK HERE to learn more about Thermalite and HERE for the Hunter Douglas Shades that qualify for the Tax Credit. You can also review the Manufacturer’s Certification Statement and the simple FAQ page about the tax credit program here at www.danmer.com/2016taxcredit
If you add this tax credit to the ‘Buy One and then Get One” offer currently on the Danmer site, there may never be a better time to add elegance to your home at a great price. Call us at (888) 420-9892 to schedule your in-home design quote.
We’re fast approaching the mid-point of 2016, so it’s interesting to see which home trends are thriving in the zeitgeist. Here are five of the hottest trends likely to become kitchen staples for years to come:
– Ying, yang, and neutral tones Black, white, earthy grays and coffee-shaded browns are being used regularly to enhance kitchen spaces and create a more relaxing atmosphere.
– 21st Century accessibility. As with many rooms in the home, the kitchen is evolving to meet our technological needs. For example, charging stations and hand-free phone and tablet mounts are helping to make recipes and cooking videos more easily accessible.
– Functionality. Much like the need for technological accessibility, kitchens are also evolving to accommodate our other needs. The addition of small nooks and ports for refuse, wine refrigerators, and coffee making stations are popping up all over the place.
– Luxury-rugged. As with cabinetry, many kitchens are adopting rougher-looking materials, sans ornamentation, for a sleek, smooth look. Hardwood floors and black slate tiles are a great example of this, and fit well with many custom decors.
Whether undertaking a full kitchen renovation, or just freshening one up, don’t forget to include your window treatments in your epic home transformation. Did you know that Damner specifically color matches custom shutters to fit your home decor perfectly? Visit us online at www.danmer.com, or call us at (800) 684-3434 to set up your free in-home consultation.
So it’s tax season, and whether you’re expecting a refund or arranging to make payments, it’s a great idea to look for ways to cut expenses and save a few bucks in the upkeep of your home. There are actually a number of ways to save just by making simple improvements around the house! Here are five of the most cost effective:
- Replace Your Air Filter. To avoid higher energy bills, replace your air filters annually. Letting furnace air filters become clogged with dust and dirt can make it difficult for air to travel correctly, hence costing you more money to heat your home.
- Seal those heating ducts. Poorly sealed connections can actually cost homes up to 20% of their heat! Sealing up that heating ductwork can help spare a lot of shivers down the road and keep more money in your pocket.
- “Low Flow” water fixtures. “Low flow” is the way to go. They’re relatively inexpensive, easy to install, and can cut your water consumption nearly in half, lowering your water bills and reducing water waste overall.
- Use Weather stripping. Air can seep in and out during hot and cold weather, driving your energy bills up exponentially. Weather stripping is a temporary remedy in preventing unwanted loss of cool air in the summer and warm air in the winter.
Give Danmer a call at (800) 684-3434 to set up your free in-home consultation to see if the right window coverings can actually pay for themselves in reduce home energy bills, or visit us at www.danmer.com .
As you may already know, the United States will observe Daylight Saving Time on the March 13th when we’ll set our clocks forward an hour at 2 a.m. (losing an hour), and won’t set them back an hour until November 6th at 2 a.m. (when we’ll gain an hour). This system, originally conceived by Benjamin Franklin in 1784, was later adopted by many countries in an effort to save electricity and take advantage of early daylight hours.
Though many would agree that the extra daylight is a welcome sight, not to mention a harbinger of warmer weather and more time for outdoor activities, many of the same people would also agree that they’re not looking forward to losing an hour of sleep as a result of the time change! And what may be even more inconvenient, the season to follow is so full of early morning light that it can become very difficult to sleep in again until fall comes back around.
Fortunately, there are ways to get around it. The easiest would be to start sleeping in a room with no windows, but where’s the fun in that? The best option is to treat your windows with adequate window coverings that let you control the amount of sunlight that gets into your home. Danmer’s Thermalite Shutter Insulating System can be beneficial three-fold:
– Thermalite Shutters were specifically designed to reduce energy consumption by preventing temperature gain or loss through windows.
– This prevention can reduce your home energy bills by up to 35%.
– Thermalite Shutters allow you to have maximum control over incoming light. Benjamin Franklin would approve!
Visit us at www.danmer.com or call us at (800) 684-3434 to set up your free in-home consultation.