As of 2016, Danmer has now dedicated itself to 40 years of service to your neighborhood. We simply design, manufacturing and install the finest custom window coverings in the world. From innovative product design, to unsurpassed quality and relentless attention to detail, Danmer delivers the best products and customer service in the industry.
PLUS: We bring the showroom to you! Danmer believes that selecting new shutters for your home should be fun and relaxing, never stressful. That’s why our experienced and friendly Danmer representatives are available to visit your home, show you all the options, walk you through the Danmer process, and then deliver and install our top-of- the-line products directly to you. There’s no crowded showrooms to travel to! That’s the Danmer Difference!
Danmer is ready to accommodate all of your window covering needs. Contact us 24/7 at (800) 684-3434 to set up your free in-home consultation, or visit any of our 25+ SoCal locations to see the difference that Danmer can make in YOUR home.
Do you have any windows that are shaped or sized a little differently than the norm? Perhaps you have arched, circular, ovals or sunburst shaped windows. Maybe you have very large sliding doors or windows. Fortunately, all of Danmer’s window coverings are custom made and fit to your windows, ANY SHAPE, ANY SIZE, ANY OPENING.
- Custom Plantation Shutters (made from Thermalite, Ultraluxe or Custom Wood materials) will be made to fit your windows seamlessly and add style and elegance to every room in your home.
- Applause® Honeycomb Shades from our Hunter Douglas Collection look great on a variety of window shapes and are available in a number of fabrics, colors and operating systems.
Hunter Douglas Blinds are precision crafted for style and functionality throughout your home, and customized to fit odd shaped windows flawlessly.
Danmer understands how difficult it can be to sift through hundreds of styles and designs. That’s why our representatives are standing by 24/7 at (800) 684-3434 to answer your questions and help you find the perfect treatments for your home.
- Fashionalbly festive foods. Add a decorative twist, like red and blue berries to cakes or presenting watermelon wedges on a stick to reinforce the colorful red-white-blue theme of the 4th.
- Red, white, and beautiful drinks. Click here for inspired 4th of July beverages – both cocktails and non-alcoholic drinks – that’ll keep your guests cool and all set for the day’s entertainment.
- Declaration of entertainment. What’s the best way to pass time between eating and fireworks? Party games, of course! There are tons of kid-friendly 4th of July activities available — from scavenger hunts to epic water balloon battles — to keep the family entertained until the main event.
- Location, Location, Location. Whether you’re watching this year’s free displays from your backyard, or you’re enjoying the brilliant spectacles in a park or other public environment, two things are certain: safety is important, and a good view is crucial! Always research both aspects before choosing a spot for your picnic.
OK, so if you’re staying at home with your family or having some friends over, you can still often see lots of festivities and fireworks right out your windows. Danmer’s custom shutters and window coverings, proudly made in assembled in the USA, are designed to frame your windows with style and elegance so that you can get a full view of the action when desired, and shut it out when you’re finished for the night (and any other night, for that matter).
However you decide to celebrate, Danmer wishes your family a safe and happy 4th of July! Call us anytime at (800) 684-3434 to learn more about our custom window coverings and set up your free in-home consultation.
We can officially kiss spring goodbye. Say hello to summer! The extra sunlight and warmth is a welcomed resource for those who plan to spend these summer days outdoors. Hiking, biking, going to the beach (or amusement park), or many other outside activities come to mind. But if you’re spending several hours at a time indoors, those extra hours of sunlight may actually become more of a nuisance. The more direct sun our homes and offices get, the hotter these spaces become. Let’s face it: a room that’s made uncomfortably hot from the sunlight is not ideal for any activity.
Fortunately, there are ways to regulate unwanted sunlight. Custom Shutters, such as Danmer’s Thermalite Shutter Insulating System, can solve this problem two-fold. First, custom designed and professionally installed shutters can help you regulate sunlight, giving you exactly the amount that you and your family desire. Second, the shutters’ insulating properties will keep the heat out and the cool air in, which in-turn, will lower your energy bills by up to 35%!
Call Danmer 24/7 at (800) 684-3434 to learn more about our Thermalite Shutter Insulating System.
If you have a small child at home, safety in every room is a priority. Young children have a very inquisitive nature so one thing you can do to insure a safe environment for the little ones is to have window treatments that won’t cause them any harm. Check out this YouTube video at Parents For Window Blind Safety for some tips when child-proofing your windows with small children in your home. Here are a few things to know:
- Stay away from bulky blinds that can fall easily and get entangled with the young ones
- Make sure your shutters and blinds aren’t coated in any harmful dyes, paints or stains
- There are plenty of cordless alternatives or motorized systems for window treatments that can eliminate the risk of being exposed to dangerous cords
Danmer has a wide variety of safe, child-proof options for the window treatments within your home. Our goal is to reduce the risk of child endangerment with any window covering products. With child safety in mind, we offer plenty of nonhazardous ways to enhance your home to its fullest potential.
Did you know that you could get up to $500 in Federal Tax Credit just for installing selected window coverings into your home this year? The trick is to select the products that qualify for this Tax Credit and then have them installed before the end of the calendar year (in other words, before December 31, 2016). The good news is that Danmer offers a Custom Shutters option and a Hunter Douglas Shade option that both qualify for this tax credit.
Here’s the back-story: Back in 2009, President Obama signed The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. This “stimulus bill” included a federal tax credit on selected energy efficient products for the home purchased during 2009 and 2010. Although the original law has expired, The Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act of 2015 reinstated the federal tax credit for calendar year 2016. The home must be your principal residence.
Danmer’s patented Thermalite Shutter Insulating System qualifies for this program, as these shutters are manufactured to the criteria established as an “Eligible Building Envelope Component” and classified as an “insulation material or system” as defined in Section 4.01 of IRS Notice 2009-53. Thermalite Shutters are distributed exclusively by Danmer. CLICK HERE to learn more about Thermalite and HERE for the Hunter Douglas Shades that qualify for the Tax Credit. You can also review the Manufacturer’s Certification Statement and the simple FAQ page about the tax credit program here at www.danmer.com/2016taxcredit
If you add this tax credit to the ‘Buy One and then Get One” offer currently on the Danmer site, there may never be a better time to add elegance to your home at a great price. Call us at (888) 420-9892 to schedule your in-home design quote.
Do you get Memorial Day confused with Veterans Day? The truth is, it happens more often than you think. Here’s a handy cheat sheet to help you differentiate between the two (and be a hit at your Memorial Day BBQ):
- Began as “Decoration Day” (originally celebrated on May 30th) as a day to honor those who were killed in any past war by ‘decorating’ their graves with flowers.
- Celebrated the last Monday in May.
- Rooted to “Armistice Day,” a day set aside to celebrate the end of World War I in particular.
- The honor was expanded in 1954 to include all Veterans, and thus renamed Veterans Day to reflect the change.
- Observed on November 11th.
As we attend gatherings with friends and family this weekend, let us not forget the sacrifices that were made for our freedoms.
Thinking about a home improvement project or a remodel of one or more rooms? Where to begin? Technology has made the process a lot easier from easily accessible design sketchers to tips and resources are all just a click away on your computers and smart devices.
- Virtual room designers. Many websites dedicated to design and decor offer a number of tools to help you arrange your space, including Virtual Room Software. These allow you to make 2D and 3D floor plans from the ground up, enabling you to “move” furniture and decor easily without even having to lift a finger! Try this one for example http://www.homestyler.com/designer
- Trend watchers. There are tons of websites and apps that help you stay abreast of current trends and new or upcoming home improvement ideas, colors, materials, etc. Here are a few great sites for such research: HomeTrends.com and Elle Decor.
At the end of the day, it’s always a good idea to consult with reputable companies that have a proven track record in your neighborhood. Such companies usually offer valuable tips, resources, and other helpful information right on their website. Danmer is proud to be one of these companies. Check out our other blogs posts as well as brochures on our website with information regarding safety, product information, design trends, and everyday life hacks for use in your home.
You can always call us directly at (800) 684-3434 to learn more about the latest in window covering products and technology.
- Are these shutters really custom made for me? Not all companies hand-craft their product to your specifications. Many companies use off-the shelf cookie-cutter shutter panels that are then fit to your openings. Be wary of this approach.
- Should I choose wood or other materials for my Shutters? Many companies don’t even have such options available. Only patented Thermalite Shutters from Danmer, unlike wood shutters, will NEVER peel, crack, warp, burn, or discolor.
- How fast can I get my shutters? Most companies import their parts and shutter materials from overseas. This can take 8-12 weeks for your shutters to arrive and assemble. But Danmer manufactures all of our shutters right here in the USA, which gives you the fastest turnaround time in the industry.
- Will shutters reduce my home energy bills? Not all shutters are made from materials that can reduce your home’s energy consumption by up to 3x better than wood shutters. Check out Danmer’s Thermalite Shutter Insulating System.
- Transferrable warranty? Insist on a warranty that’s actually transferable to the NEXT homeowner. These warranties are desirable because they can increase the resale value of your home. Trust in the company that gives you a copy in advance.
You can also download a copy of Danmer’s Shutter buying checklist called “ the 8 Questions that Most Shutter Companies Don’t Want You to Ask Them” Download it here. Or call us 24/7 at (800) 684-3434 to experience the Danmer Difference.