Ordering custom window shutters can be a bit daunting! With so many styles, colors, and varieties, it can be hard to determine which would be best for your home. The best tip? ALWAYS consult with an industry professional before making such a decision, but here’s some advice to help you separate the outstanding from the inferior:
- Many shutter companies claim their products are made in the USA, but in reality, most of them are built from foreign parts and only assembled in the USA. Ask about this!
- Several shutter companies use materials that are not environmental friendly, and in fact are composed of substances such as glued wood chips and formaldehyde. Not good!
- Some shutter companies use hollow vinyl end caps and weak plastic clips to secure their shutters. These items will not last long and will need repair and adjustment regularly.
- There’s only one company that can build and install genuine Thermalite and Ultraluxe Shutters, which are patented and considered the industry’s finest Shutters.
- Look for a Diamond Coat finish on the Shutters, using a non-toxic, water based material which is safer for your family.
- ALWAYS insist on a transferrable warranty, one that will actually add value to your home when you resell the property.
You can also download a copy of Danmer’s Shutter buying checklist called “ the 8 Questions that Most Shutter Companies Don’t Want You to Ask Them” Download it here. Visit us online at www.danmer.com or call us 24/7 at (800) 684-3434 to experience the Danmer Difference.