Having plantation shutters added to your home is an exciting decision! If you are like many others, you have thought about it for a while, but never found the time or the extra funds in the budget to have them made. Now that you are finally ready to have plantation shutters custom made for your windows, you are probably feeling overwhelmed with questions you want answers to, and decisions that need to be made. Our experts here at Danmer are happy to help.
Questions You May Want Answers to When Having Plantation Shutters Custom Made
When you speak with a design specialist to have your plantation shutters custom made, you may want to ask about the following elements:
• Wood Type – What type of wood is being used? Can you see examples? Can it be stained to match your décor? You always want to stay away from pine, as it is prone to bleeding.
• Tension – How is the tension adjusted? You want to make sure you won’t be dealing with drooping louvers at a later time.
• Hinges – What type is used and why?
• Edges – Are they rabbited or straight? Everyone has their own preference. Rabbited prevents light gaps when the panels are closed.
• Side Rails – How thick are the side panels? Are they strong enough to support the weight of the shutter?