Halloween is around the corner, so it’s likely that you and your family are planning a fun-filled season full of tricks and treats. Fun costumes, scary movies, haunted attractions, and other forms of spooky entertainment make for festive frights that are usually harmless.
But beware, as accidents do happen. The best way to avoid them is to ensure that precautions are taken to ensure a happy Halloween for all. Here are a few helpful tips promote family safety, both in and out of your home:
- When taking the kids on a trick-or-treat run, make sure they are wearing costumes with light colors, glow sticks, and/or reflective elements for maximum visibility to drivers.
- If the kids are trick-or-treating without adult supervision, make sure they travel in a group, and only visit houses in familiar neighborhoods.
- When driving, remain alert and drive slowly in residential areas where young pedestrians may be present.
- If you’re hosting a Halloween party, be sure to inspect your home for possible dangers. Did you know that over 500 children have suffered strangulations due to unsafe blinds and shade cords over the past few decades in the U.S. alone? Think about retrofitting your shades or blinds with cordless operations, retractable lift cords, cord tensioners, or wand controls.
Ready to make your window coverings child safe? Call Danmer at (800) 684-3434 to learn more about window coverings with child-safe features, and from the Danmer family to yours, have a safe and happy Halloween!
#Danmer #madeinUSA #shutters #windows #free #autumn #fall #Halloween #safety
Selecting the right Window treatments for your kitchen or bathrooms can be kind of tricky. Moisture from sinks, bathtubs, and other utilities can be really hard on your window coverings. The last thing you want to be replacing your window treatments every few years because of water damage. Fortunately, there are realistic options when it comes to fitting your windows with durable, yet elegant window treatments:
- Thermalite Shutters. Custom designed to fit your windows, Thermalite interior shutters are water-resistant, kitchen and bathroom safe, available in various styles, and guaranteed NEVER to crack, warp, peel or discolor. The right shutters will actually pay for themselves as these are a permanent solution for your window treatments.
- Provenance Woven Wooden Shades. While also resistant to kitchen moisture, Hunter Douglas’s Provenance® Woven Wood Shades offer another functionality to your kitchen: You can open them from the top for maximum light and privacy control.
- Vertical Blinds. Custom Vertical blinds are typically designed to fit your kitchen doors and windows and are highly customizable to fit your décor and your budget. Choose from dozens of modern styles, patterns and colors in both water-resistant fabrics and vinyl.
Ready to give your kitchen and elegant and functional upgrade? Give Danmer a call at (800) 684-3434 for a FREE in-home consultation.
#Danmer #madeinUSA #shutters #blinds #shades #windows #free #kitchen #SoCal
Did you know that Friday Oct 7th is World Smile Day? It’s actually the first Friday in October EVERY year. World Smile Day celebrates the ubiquitous yellow smiley and it promotes a simple idea: That everyone should do an act of kindness on this day, or to or help one person to smile, or both.
There’s actually been a proclamation made by the U.S. Congress to celebrate World Smile Day. Now that should put a smiley on your face.
Want to know a bit more about the smiley face? In 1963, the State Mutual Life Assurance Company hired Harvey Ball from Worcester, Massachusetts as a free lance artist to create a smiley face for use in improving company morale. It’s later popularity exploded in the 1970’s. The first World Smiley Day celebration was on October 1, 1999.
After Harvey died in 2001, the Harvey Ball World Smile Foundation was created to honor his name and memory. The Foundation continues as the official sponsor of World Smile Day® each year.
Danmer loves to make our Customers smile. We do this by helping them select just the right window coverings to fit the décor and budget of their home. Let us make you smile! Call Danmer today to set up your free in-home consultation (800) 684-3434.
#Danmer #madeinUSA #shutters #blinds #shades #windows # WorldSmileDay
As of 2016, Danmer has now dedicated itself to 40 years of service to your neighborhood. We simply design, manufacturing and install the finest custom window coverings in the world. From innovative product design, to unsurpassed quality and relentless attention to detail, Danmer delivers the best products and customer service in the industry.
PLUS: We bring the showroom to you! Danmer believes that selecting new shutters for your home should be fun and relaxing, never stressful. That’s why our experienced and friendly Danmer representatives are available to visit your home, show you all the options, walk you through the Danmer process, and then deliver and install our top-of- the-line products directly to you. There’s no crowded showrooms to travel to! That’s the Danmer Difference!
Danmer is ready to accommodate all of your window covering needs. Contact us 24/7 at (800) 684-3434 to set up your free in-home consultation, or visit any of our 25+ SoCal locations to see the difference that Danmer can make in YOUR home.
Did you know that July is National Picnic Month, and just in case you’re throwing your own star spangled 4th of July shindig, here are 5 tips that will make sure your celebration is one for the ages!
- Fashionalbly festive foods. Add a decorative twist, like red and blue berries to cakes or presenting watermelon wedges on a stick to reinforce the colorful red-white-blue theme of the 4th.
- Declaration of entertainment. What’s the best way to pass time between eating and fireworks? Party games, of course! There are tons of kid-friendly 4th of July activities available — from scavenger hunts to epic water balloon battles — to keep the family entertained until the main event.
- Location, Location, Location. Whether you’re watching this year’s free displays from your backyard, or you’re enjoying the brilliant spectacles in a park or other public environment, two things are certain: safety is important, and a good view is crucial! Always research both aspects before choosing a spot for your picnic.
OK, so if you’re staying at home with your family or having some friends over, you can still often see lots of festivities and fireworks right out your windows. Danmer’s custom shutters and window coverings, proudly made in assembled in the USA, are designed to frame your windows with style and elegance so that you can get a full view of the action when desired, and shut it out when you’re finished for the night (and any other night, for that matter).
However you decide to celebrate, Danmer wishes your family a safe and happy 4th of July! Call us anytime at (800) 684-3434 to learn more about our custom window coverings and set up your free in-home consultation.
We can officially kiss spring goodbye. Say hello to summer! The extra sunlight and warmth is a welcomed resource for those who plan to spend these summer days outdoors. Hiking, biking, going to the beach (or amusement park), or many other outside activities come to mind. But if you’re spending several hours at a time indoors, those extra hours of sunlight may actually become more of a nuisance. The more direct sun our homes and offices get, the hotter these spaces become. Let’s face it: a room that’s made uncomfortably hot from the sunlight is not ideal for any activity.
Fortunately, there are ways to regulate unwanted sunlight. Custom Shutters, such as Danmer’s Thermalite Shutter Insulating System, can solve this problem two-fold. First, custom designed and professionally installed shutters can help you regulate sunlight, giving you exactly the amount that you and your family desire. Second, the shutters’ insulating properties will keep the heat out and the cool air in, which in-turn, will lower your energy bills by up to 35%!
Call Danmer 24/7 at (800) 684-3434 to learn more about our Thermalite Shutter Insulating System.
As you may already know, the United States will observe Daylight Saving Time on the March 13th when we’ll set our clocks forward an hour at 2 a.m. (losing an hour), and won’t set them back an hour until November 6th at 2 a.m. (when we’ll gain an hour). This system, originally conceived by Benjamin Franklin in 1784, was later adopted by many countries in an effort to save electricity and take advantage of early daylight hours.
Though many would agree that the extra daylight is a welcome sight, not to mention a harbinger of warmer weather and more time for outdoor activities, many of the same people would also agree that they’re not looking forward to losing an hour of sleep as a result of the time change! And what may be even more inconvenient, the season to follow is so full of early morning light that it can become very difficult to sleep in again until fall comes back around.
Fortunately, there are ways to get around it. The easiest would be to start sleeping in a room with no windows, but where’s the fun in that? The best option is to treat your windows with adequate window coverings that let you control the amount of sunlight that gets into your home. Danmer’s Thermalite Shutter Insulating System can be beneficial three-fold:
– Thermalite Shutters were specifically designed to reduce energy consumption by preventing temperature gain or loss through windows.
– This prevention can reduce your home energy bills by up to 35%.
– Thermalite Shutters allow you to have maximum control over incoming light. Benjamin Franklin would approve!
Visit us at www.danmer.com or call us at (800) 684-3434 to set up your free in-home consultation.
Any web search is likely to produce pages and pages of home life hacks for projects that may look great in your home, but don’t always offer a practical application to what your home really needs. The following life hacks are not among them:
Garage “Safety Bumper.” When pulling into the garage, it can be difficult to gauge how close the car is to the wall. The poor perception can result in unwanted scratches, dings — or worse! An easy fix is to cut a foam swimming pool noodle in half, lengthwise, and attach it to the wall so that you can enter without fear and/or damage when the noodle is there to take the impact instead!
“Light” hack. By mounting a $4 Ikea shelf bracket into a dark corner, and affixing a hanging light bulb from it, it becomes easy to brighten up the darker corners in a room with ease!
Walnut Touch-ups. Nothing can detract from a wood surface more than scuffs and scratches. But fear not: by rubbing the inside of an ordinary walnut against damaged areas of a wood surface, the scuffs are covered up and disappear like magic!
Non-slip rugs. Slippery rugs on slippery surfaces can be a pain — sometimes literally! But by adding a few strips of acrylic caulk to the bottom, a rug will have the grip it needs to remain stable and prevent you from taking an unwanted “magic carpet ride” across the room.
The classic “cord cabana.” If you’ve ever had to dig through a drawer full of tangled cables before, you’ll really appreciate this hack. By coiling cables — everything from phone cords, to USB cables, to any other electronics — and slipping them into vacant toilet paper rolls, you can instantly say goodbye to the random cable chaos! For added organization, just slip the rolls into a box for easy access and call it good!
Getting your home in order is important, and nobody understands that better than Danmer. We offer only the best in custom window coverings to accommodate your decor and budget. Visit us at www.danmer.com or call us at (800) 684-3434 to set up your free in-home consultation.
Yes, love is in the air! Valentine’s Day brings cards, candies, flowers, and jewelry. But why should chocolate makers and jewelry shops have all the fun? There are so many ways to add a personal touch to the Valentine’s holiday.
How about some special decorating ideas for Valentine’s Day? OK, so it’s not Halloween or Christmas, but there are plenty of ways to set the mood for that special someone. There are always heart-shaped ceramics, candy dishes, and pillows that you can pick up from the seasonal aisle at the local superstore. But there are also plenty of fun DIY projects if you like to think outside of the heart-shaped box, so to speak.
How about a heart-shaped arrangement of small rose-colored candles and a trail of rose petals are a lovely start to a romantic evening? And for the less intimate guests, homemade Valentine cards and streamers and can easily be strewn across the window or fireplace, each depicting hearts or cupid-shaped silhouettes.
For the more adventurous decorator, the windows are where it’s at! Everything from temporary decals, to custom rose wreaths, to light-up decorations can ignite your Valentine’s spirit for that special someone or for the whole neighborhood!
If you decide to decorate your windows, just remember that framing your adornments is important. White or neutral-colored window coverings tend to work best with shades of red. If you’re in the market for new coverings, this Valentine’s day is the perfect time to show your home some love by investing in some elegant, long-lasting, durable window shutters. Call (800) 684-3434 to take advantage of our Valentine’s Day Buy One, Get One 50% off Special! (Your windows will love you for it.)