French doors are a great addition to your home but window coverings can be tricky. Since the doors will need to be opened you need window treatments that can either be moved completely to the side or they need to be attached directly to the door.
Window treatments for French doors are best when custom made. Off-the-shelf options rarely fit properly or look the way you want them to look. Browse these 10 amazing photos of custom shutters for French doors to get some ideas of what to do in your home.
1. With custom-made shutters, French doors can be covered to match existing windows in the room for a beautiful, unified look.
2. Danmer’s handcrafted shutters can be attached directly to the door or it can be opened for an unobstructed view without having to open the door.
3. Custom shutters look great for windows and doors of any size or shape.
4. Create a statement in any room with classic, timeless custom shutters for French doors.
5. The sharp attention to detail and style is ensures that every window treatment fits perfectly. Shutters that are built into doors fit so snug that when closed they let in very little light, giving you privacy and helping with heating and cooling costs.
6. If you have an entire wall full of windows, consider matching the window treatments on your French doors to the rest of the window coverings in the room.
7. Sliding shutters for French doors are installed on a track. They provide complete coverage when closed, and when you want to open the doors or enjoy a complete view simply slide the shutters to the side.
8. Another option is bi-fold shutter doors. These can be folded to the side to reveal the doors. The only drawback is that you need to have enough floor space available for the doors to open up.
9. These stunning shutters on both doors and windows allow in plenty of light when opened.
10. If you want window treatments for French doors that will stand and look beautiful for years; it’s time to discover the Danmer difference. Schedule a no-obligation, in-home design consultation to find out more.