Safety Matters Checklist: Protect Your Children
Danmer and the CPSC offer the following safety tips to prevent deaths and injuries associated with window covering cords:
- Examine all shades & blinds in
your home for exposed or dangling cords.
- Make sure there are no accessible
cords on the front, side, or back
of the product.
- Use Kid Safe Certified cordless window coverings in all homes where children live or visit.
- Position cribs, beds, playpens and other furniture against walls that have no windows and no window cords.
- Permanently anchor all loops on every window covering cord anywhere in your home to the door or to the wall.
- Ask your Danmer Designer how to replace older window treatments with cordless ones.
If you cannot afford new, cordless window coverings, contact the Window Covering Safety Council at 800-684-3434 or at www.windowcoverings.org for a free repair kit to make them safer.