Did you know that July is National Picnic Month, and just in case you’re throwing your own star spangled 4th of July shindig, here are 5 tips that will make sure your celebration is one for the ages!
- Fashionalbly festive foods. Add a decorative twist, like red and blue berries to cakes or presenting watermelon wedges on a stick to reinforce the colorful red-white-blue theme of the 4th.
- Red, white, and beautiful drinks. Click here for inspired 4th of July beverages – both cocktails and non-alcoholic drinks – that’ll keep your guests cool and all set for the day’s entertainment.
- Declaration of entertainment. What’s the best way to pass time between eating and fireworks? Party games, of course! There are tons of kid-friendly 4th of July activities available — from scavenger hunts to epic water balloon battles — to keep the family entertained until the main event.
- Location, Location, Location. Whether you’re watching this year’s free displays from your backyard, or you’re enjoying the brilliant spectacles in a park or other public environment, two things are certain: safety is important, and a good view is crucial! Always research both aspects before choosing a spot for your picnic.
OK, so if you’re staying at home with your family or having some friends over, you can still often see lots of festivities and fireworks right out your windows. Danmer’s custom shutters and window coverings, proudly made in assembled in the USA, are designed to frame your windows with style and elegance so that you can get a full view of the action when desired, and shut it out when you’re finished for the night (and any other night, for that matter).
However you decide to celebrate, Danmer wishes your family a safe and happy 4th of July! Call us anytime at (800) 684-3434 to learn more about our custom window coverings and set up your free in-home consultation.
Winter is behind us (in most of the country, anyway). Now’s the season of fun and sun from Spring through Summer! There should be plenty of sunlight outdoors, but did you know that the sun’s rays can be healthy and useful to us indoors, as well?
Of course, letting sunlight into your home will keep it well lit – naturally – while cutting down on lightbulb usage. This will reduce your energy bill, a good thing. But without the proper window coverings, it can be difficult to manage the amount of light without damaging furnishings, flooring and even that treasured art pieces on your walls. Not good! Fortunately, there are window coverings specifically designed for both energy efficiency and home interior protection. These solutions come in a number of styles to fit your own personal décor and your budget.
Danmer’s Thermalite Shutter Insulating System, for example, can help save energy twofold: First, custom Thermalite shutters cut heat loss or gain through your windows, providing as much as 3 times the insulation of typical wood shutters. And second, Danmer shutters allow you to control the amount of sunlight that enters your home – which can reduce home energy bills by up to 35%.
Regulating sunlight can help create the ambiance you seek, while keeping those light switches in the off position. But let’s not forget the aesthetic as well as the practical: Thermalite shutters are elegant, easy to maintain, and look great in any room! Visit us at www.danmer.com or call us at (800) 684-3434 to set up your free in-home consultation.
Home improvement season is in full swing, and homeowners everywhere are taking on projects as small as replacing kitchen tiles, to as large as full basement renovations. But what many homeowners don’t realize, is that not all home improvements help the overall resale value of a house. In fact, some can actually hurt it.
Since some home improvement projects tend to be inspired by fleeting seasonal trends, it’s good to make sure that they can be easily and inexpensively updated down the road, if the trend, for whatever reason, doesn’t catch on. Otherwise, it’s always a safe bet to limit big projects to carefully planned, and universally functional improvements that will always be in demand, in case you should you ever choose to sell your home.
One of the best home improvement projects worth undertaking is a window treatment upgrade. Window Shutters, a fine example of function meeting design, can give a room an elegant, timeless look and feel, and can compliment any decor. Danmer’s Shutters, such as those from the UltraLuxe Shutters and Thermalite shutters, include a very unique added benefit: each comes with a transferable warranty, which increases the value of your home, and can earn you more money if you ever decide to sell it.
Whatever home improvement projects you may be tackling this season, be sure to do plenty of research before starting, and consult industry professionals with any questions you may have. If your improvements should happen to include new window treatments, Danmer is here for you ever step of the way. Contact us at (800) 684-3434 to get started.
The “era of relaxation” isn’t going away anytime soon. American families have grown fond of living spaces that allow them to unplug and unwind from the hectic pace of life these days. But as we near the midpoint of 2017, cheerful and up-beat colors are still in vogue and a new flock of “trends” in interior design look a lot like recent tried and true standards for summer. Here are some of the most popular summer design trends so far:
- Color pops: Small but Bold. Summer bring bold flavors, sights and sounds…don’t shy away from bringing a little bit of color into your home. If furniture is too much for you, opt for bright accessories such as throws, pillows or accent rugs.
- Outdoor comes in. You’re probably spending more time outdoors than indoors during the summer, but you can still bring the season’s best elements inside with you. There’s no stopping the current nature trend by decorating homes with lots of indoor plants and trees and the warm earth tones to complement them.
- Window improvements. The right Window Coverings remain the best way to complement to any decor while you regulate the amount of light that gets in, and how much of your room’s decor they illuminate. With nearly limitless possibilities for colors, styles, and shapes, swapping out window treatments can transform an entire room or your entire house without breaking the bank.
- Texture. Weaving texture into your home’s interior makes it more inviting and relaxing. Texture’s don’t need to be permanent, try draping a wool throw over a chair or mix up your fabrics used for decorative pillows to test this trend.
Before taking on any major home improvement projects, it’s always good to research upcoming trends and home improvement solutions — and never hesitate to consult industry professionals with any questions you may have.
If your summer decor plan includes a window treatment upgrade, contact Danmer to find the solution that best fits your style and budget.
Do you get Memorial Day confused with Veterans Day? The truth is, it happens more often than you think. Here’s a handy cheat sheet to help you differentiate between the two (and be a hit at your Memorial Day BBQ):
- Began as “Decoration Day” (originally celebrated on May 30th) as a day to honor those who were killed in any past war by ‘decorating’ their graves with flowers.
- Celebrated the last Monday in May.
- Rooted to “Armistice Day,” a day set aside to celebrate the end of World War I in particular.
- The honor was expanded in 1954 to include all Veterans, and thus renamed Veterans Day to reflect the change.
- Observed on November 11th.
As we attend gatherings with friends and family this weekend, let us not forget the sacrifices that were made for our freedoms. Danmer honors the brave men and women of the U.S. Military. We wish you a safe and happy Memorial Day, from our family to yours.
Whether you’ve been beating the heat with box fans or AC, you may feel like you’ve gotten the last laugh … until the electric bill comes — and then nobody’s laughing. It’s simple math: the hotter it gets, the more energy it takes to cool down, but by treating windows with energy efficient window coverings, such as Danmer’s Thermalite Shutters Insulating System, you can stay cool while slashing home energy bills by up to 35%. Here’s why:
- Maximize R-Value. Thermalite Shutters are great for double pane windows, providing one of the highest R-Value shutter ratings on the market.
- Less Heat Transfer. Using the Thermalite Shutters Insulating System in hot climates reduces the amount of heat transfer that enters into your home.
- Restricts Air Exchange. Thermalite Shutters allow you to control the amount of airflow traveling between your window openings and the outside environment.
- Lower Kilowatt Hours. Saving kilowatt hours means saving on your cooling bill, and Thermalite Shutters assists you in both.
- Enhanced Energy Efficiency. Thermalite Shutters will insulate your home up three-times better than wood shutters.
- Monthly Energy Savings. Energy efficient window coverings pay for themselves by keeping your home warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.
Ready to keep cool while saving some cold hard cash? Call us at (800) 684-3434 for a FREE in-home consultation, featuring Danmer’s Thermalite Shutter Insulating System.
Going on now, Buy One Get One 50% Off Shutters, Blinds or Shades.
Ordering custom window treatments can be a bit daunting! With so many styles, colors, and varieties, it can be hard to determine which would be best for your home. The best tip? ALWAYS consult with an industry professional before making such a decision, but here’s some advice to help you separate the outstanding from the inferior:
- Many shutter companies claim their products are made in the USA, but in reality, most of them are built from foreign parts and only assembled in the USA. Ask about this!
- Several shutter companies use materials that are not environmental friendly, and in fact are composed of substances such as glued wood chips and formaldehyde. Not good!
- Some shutter companies use hollow vinyl end caps and weak plastic clips to secure their shutters. These items will not last long and will need repair and adjustment regularly.
- There’s only one company that can build and install genuine Thermalite and Ultraluxe Shutters, which are patented and considered the industry’s finest Shutters.
- Look for a Diamond Coat finish on the Shutters, using a non-toxic, water based material which is safer for your family.
- ALWAYS insist on a transferrable warranty, one that will actually add value to your home when you resell the property.
Download a copy of Danmer’s Shutter buying checklist called “8 Questions that Most Shutter Companies Don’t Want You to Ask Them” Download it here.
Don’t forget about our BUY ONE Plantation Shutter, Get One 50% special offer going on now! Visit us online to schedule your FREE In-Home Design Consultation or call us 24/7 at (800) 684-3434 to experience the Danmer Difference.
We all know what it’s like when kids are being kids: they’re curious, imaginative, and full of more energy than we can remember having at that age. But as cherished as their rambunctiousness can be at that age, it can also be troublesome — or even dangerous — if it’s let loose in an unsafe environment.
Though they can seem harmless at first glance, even the most basic window coverings and dangling cords can pose a lethal threat to young children. That’s why Danmer fashions products specifically designed to keep your infants, children, and pets safe, and to help avoid often-overlooked pitfalls such as these ones.
With that in mind, Danmer designs and manufactures window coverings with a number of key safety features to keep your little ones out of harm’s way, including:
- Retractable lift cords
- Cord tensioners
- Wand controls
- Cordless & motorized operating systems
- Custom Shutters (cordless by design)
Danmer takes your family’s needs very seriously. That’s why we strive for Elegance, Value, and Safety in every product: That’s the Danmer Difference. Contact us at (800) 684-3434 for a FREE in-home consultation, and to explore the safest, most stylish window coverings for your home.
Your bedroom is your sanctuary. It’s where you can escape from the world and catch some well-deserved z’s. But whether you’re awake or asleep, there’s no reason why your bedroom shouldn’t be looking fantastic at all times. Here are 5 of the best ways to feature shutters in your bedroom:
- Master Bedroom with Specialty Shutters. Danmer’s UltraLuxe Shutters can be installed in any opening, any door, any window or any specialty shape. They add a simple, but sleek and elegant design to each window.
- Eco friendly Thermalite Shutters. Master bedrooms with larger windows can be fitted with bi-folding custom panel shutters, perfectly functional and color matched to fit any decor! And Thermalite’s energy saving properties will keep you warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.
- Specialty Arch or Slant Top Shutters. A beautiful window deserves a beautiful window covering. UltraLuxe Shutters are custom designed and installed for Fan Top windows, Arch windows and Slant Top windows – all of which are a difficult fit for most other window covering companies…but a breeze for Danmer.
- Double Hung Custom Shutters. Double Hung Thermalite shutters add more control of light and privacy to any shutter design. Simply open the shutter doors for a clear, open view of your backyard, whether it’s the patio, the pool, or your window to beautiful sunrises and sunsets.
- Shutters in Bedroom with Bay Window. Like other unusually shaped and sized windows, bay windows add significant beauty to any room. Adding custom shutters to them enhances that beauty, while adding privacy, light control, and temperature regulation.
As you can see, the possibilities are endless. Visit Danmer’s website to see what Danmer can do for your bedroom. Or, if you’re ready to experience the Danmer Difference first hand, call us 24/7 at (800) 684-3434 to set up your FREE in-home consultation.
To wood, or not to wood? That is the question. Wood blinds in your home will display a distinct and desirable look that can’t be duplicated by any other window coverings? Did you know that all wood blinds are not solid wood? There are alternative materials that represent the same look and feel of wood blinds. Here are a few of the blinds and the materials that we recommend you consider:
- Woven Wood Blinds create a warm, natural look that transforms incoming sunlight into captivating design statements. Offered in Provenance and Alustra varieties from Hunter Douglas, our woven wood blinds are available in countless designs and textures.
- Faux Wood Blinds are an economical and attractive solution when you want the look of a wood-grained finish, crafted from a durable and easy to clean synthetic material.
- Solid & Stain Wood Blinds from Hunter Douglas are the real wood option, made from beautiful hardwood grains for added a sense of warmth and natural beauty. Whether you’re looking for classic colors and wood grains or modern stains and wire-brushed textures, Danmer offers you a wide selection of solid and stain wood blinds.
If blinds made of wood or faux wood is your material of choice, visit our website to see our selection of blinds, or call us at (800) 684-3434 for a FREE in-home consultation and we’ll bring the show room to YOU!