Many homeowners like the look of interior shutters, but they aren’t sure if shutters can be installed on patio doors. The answer is: yes! In fact, custom shutters and window coverings from Danmer can be installed on any door or window, no matter what size.
Benefits of Shutters on Patio Doors
Installing shutters on your patio doors is a great investment and brings along with it many benefits from attractive interior design to making the home more comfortable.
Décor – Complete the look of any room or entryway with beautiful shutters. They can match the color of the interior walls and door frame or select a bold, accent color for a dramatic look. Shutters look stylish and inviting in any home.
Privacy – It’s not always preferable to have someone walk up to your patio and be able to see right into your home. Shutters can be closed completely so that no one is able to see through them, providing privacy when you want it.
Blocks Light – Not only can you keep people from looking in, you can also keep light from peering in. Shutters fit tightly and block almost all light from coming in.
Noise Reduction – Shutters also block out unwanted noise. Whether you live near a busy street, school or business, installing stutters on doors and windows can make a big difference.
Choosing Custom Shutters for Patio Doors
While it can be easy to install shutters on patio doors, it may not be easy to find them premade at your local hardware store. Most doors are narrower and longer than typical premade shutters so it is best to have them custom made. Custom shutters will match the door and the look of your home perfectly.
Bi-Fold Thermalite Shutters
Shutters on a French Door
Shutters on a Slider
Don’t let your doors feel left out. Install custom-made interior shutters on patio doors, front doors and windows. Danmer Custom Shutters can help you design practical, affordable, and stylish shutters for your home. Call us at (800) 684-3434 for a FREE Design & Quote or book your appointment online
and take advantage of our Buy One, Get One 50% Off
on all window coverings!
Meet Melissa Gardner, a professional window designer at Danmer Custom Window Coverings. Melissa has over 16 years of professional industry experience and likes to blend the traditional with the contemporary, the new with the old. She enjoys working with clients to create a custom look for their home.
Melissa’s’s unique design talent and business experience (she owned a successful marketing company for 14 yrs before transitioning to design) have allowed her the opportunity to work with a diverse range of clients and home owners through her career.
Style and Design Trends
What’s a recent design trend you’re loving or following. New design trends that I like are the use of Gray colors.
Blinds, Shades or Shutters… what is your preference? I like and I love using textures on a window but my favorite to sell is always shutters they are a classic and will never go out of style. Plus I love the energy efficiency of our shutters.
Pet Friendly Focused Window Coverings
Have fur babies at home? Melissa has some advice for you and your pets. When it comes to man’s best friend and your blinds or shades, the problem isn’t playfulness as much as curiosity. While cats like to lounge in windows and play with cords, dogs want to know what is going on in the world outside. Because of this, if you have pets at home, you need to consider your options. Window treatments are just an obstruction keeping your furry friends from a clear view of that squirrel, or the mailman, or whatever may be going on outside. Melissa can suggest the right options for you, weather it’s Cordless Blinds or top down/bottom up Honeycomb Shades or Custom Interior Shutters, your pets will be safe and you’ll have a piece of mind knowing that their aren’t dangers at home.
Melissa serves the Laguna Niguel and Newport Beach area, if you’re interested in a Free In-Home Design Consultation, call (888) 835-1571 to schedule an appointment. Click here to learn more about Melissa.
Did you know that July is National Picnic Month, and just in case you’re throwing your own star spangled 4th of July shindig, here are 5 tips that will make sure your celebration is one for the ages!
- Fashionalbly festive foods. Add a decorative twist, like red and blue berries to cakes or presenting watermelon wedges on a stick to reinforce the colorful red-white-blue theme of the 4th.
- Red, white, and beautiful drinks. Click here for inspired 4th of July beverages – both cocktails and non-alcoholic drinks – that’ll keep your guests cool and all set for the day’s entertainment.
- Declaration of entertainment. What’s the best way to pass time between eating and fireworks? Party games, of course! There are tons of kid-friendly 4th of July activities available — from scavenger hunts to epic water balloon battles — to keep the family entertained until the main event.
- Location, Location, Location. Whether you’re watching this year’s free displays from your backyard, or you’re enjoying the brilliant spectacles in a park or other public environment, two things are certain: safety is important, and a good view is crucial! Always research both aspects before choosing a spot for your picnic.
OK, so if you’re staying at home with your family or having some friends over, you can still often see lots of festivities and fireworks right out your windows. Danmer’s custom shutters and window coverings, proudly made in assembled in the USA, are designed to frame your windows with style and elegance so that you can get a full view of the action when desired, and shut it out when you’re finished for the night (and any other night, for that matter).
However you decide to celebrate, Danmer wishes your family a safe and happy 4th of July! Call us anytime at (800) 684-3434 to learn more about our custom window coverings and set up your free in-home consultation.
The “era of relaxation” isn’t going away anytime soon. American families have grown fond of living spaces that allow them to unplug and unwind from the hectic pace of life these days. But as we near the midpoint of 2017, cheerful and up-beat colors are still in vogue and a new flock of “trends” in interior design look a lot like recent tried and true standards for summer. Here are some of the most popular summer design trends so far:
- Color pops: Small but Bold. Summer bring bold flavors, sights and sounds…don’t shy away from bringing a little bit of color into your home. If furniture is too much for you, opt for bright accessories such as throws, pillows or accent rugs.
- Outdoor comes in. You’re probably spending more time outdoors than indoors during the summer, but you can still bring the season’s best elements inside with you. There’s no stopping the current nature trend by decorating homes with lots of indoor plants and trees and the warm earth tones to complement them.
- Window improvements. The right Window Coverings remain the best way to complement to any decor while you regulate the amount of light that gets in, and how much of your room’s decor they illuminate. With nearly limitless possibilities for colors, styles, and shapes, swapping out window treatments can transform an entire room or your entire house without breaking the bank.
- Texture. Weaving texture into your home’s interior makes it more inviting and relaxing. Texture’s don’t need to be permanent, try draping a wool throw over a chair or mix up your fabrics used for decorative pillows to test this trend.
Before taking on any major home improvement projects, it’s always good to research upcoming trends and home improvement solutions — and never hesitate to consult industry professionals with any questions you may have.
If your summer decor plan includes a window treatment upgrade, contact Danmer to find the solution that best fits your style and budget.
Do you get Memorial Day confused with Veterans Day? The truth is, it happens more often than you think. Here’s a handy cheat sheet to help you differentiate between the two (and be a hit at your Memorial Day BBQ):
- Began as “Decoration Day” (originally celebrated on May 30th) as a day to honor those who were killed in any past war by ‘decorating’ their graves with flowers.
- Celebrated the last Monday in May.
- Rooted to “Armistice Day,” a day set aside to celebrate the end of World War I in particular.
- The honor was expanded in 1954 to include all Veterans, and thus renamed Veterans Day to reflect the change.
- Observed on November 11th.
As we attend gatherings with friends and family this weekend, let us not forget the sacrifices that were made for our freedoms. Danmer honors the brave men and women of the U.S. Military. We wish you a safe and happy Memorial Day, from our family to yours.
Your bedroom is your sanctuary. It’s where you can escape from the world and catch some well-deserved z’s. But whether you’re awake or asleep, there’s no reason why your bedroom shouldn’t be looking fantastic at all times. Here are 5 of the best ways to feature shutters in your bedroom:
- Master Bedroom with Specialty Shutters. Danmer’s UltraLuxe Shutters can be installed in any opening, any door, any window or any specialty shape. They add a simple, but sleek and elegant design to each window.
- Eco friendly Thermalite Shutters. Master bedrooms with larger windows can be fitted with bi-folding custom panel shutters, perfectly functional and color matched to fit any decor! And Thermalite’s energy saving properties will keep you warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.
- Specialty Arch or Slant Top Shutters. A beautiful window deserves a beautiful window covering. UltraLuxe Shutters are custom designed and installed for Fan Top windows, Arch windows and Slant Top windows – all of which are a difficult fit for most other window covering companies…but a breeze for Danmer.
- Double Hung Custom Shutters. Double Hung Thermalite shutters add more control of light and privacy to any shutter design. Simply open the shutter doors for a clear, open view of your backyard, whether it’s the patio, the pool, or your window to beautiful sunrises and sunsets.
- Shutters in Bedroom with Bay Window. Like other unusually shaped and sized windows, bay windows add significant beauty to any room. Adding custom shutters to them enhances that beauty, while adding privacy, light control, and temperature regulation.
As you can see, the possibilities are endless. Visit Danmer’s website to see what Danmer can do for your bedroom. Or, if you’re ready to experience the Danmer Difference first hand, call us 24/7 at (800) 684-3434 to set up your FREE in-home consultation.
As of 2016, Danmer has now dedicated itself to 40 years of service to your neighborhood. We simply design, manufacturing and install the finest custom window coverings in the world. From innovative product design, to unsurpassed quality and relentless attention to detail, Danmer delivers the best products and customer service in the industry.
PLUS: We bring the showroom to you! Danmer believes that selecting new shutters for your home should be fun and relaxing, never stressful. That’s why our experienced and friendly Danmer representatives are available to visit your home, show you all the options, walk you through the Danmer process, and then deliver and install our top-of- the-line products directly to you. There’s no crowded showrooms to travel to! That’s the Danmer Difference!
Danmer is ready to accommodate all of your window covering needs. Contact us 24/7 at (800) 684-3434 to set up your free in-home consultation, or visit any of our 25+ SoCal locations to see the difference that Danmer can make in YOUR home.
Do you have any windows that are shaped or sized a little differently than the norm? Perhaps you have arched, circular, ovals or sunburst shaped windows. Maybe you have very large sliding doors or windows. Fortunately, all of Danmer’s window coverings are custom made and fit to your windows, ANY SHAPE, ANY SIZE, ANY OPENING.
- Custom Plantation Shutters (made from Thermalite, Ultraluxe or Custom Wood materials) will be made to fit your windows seamlessly and add style and elegance to every room in your home.
- Applause® Honeycomb Shades from our Hunter Douglas Collection look great on a variety of window shapes and are available in a number of fabrics, colors and operating systems.
Hunter Douglas Blinds are precision crafted for style and functionality throughout your home, and customized to fit odd shaped windows flawlessly.
Danmer understands how difficult it can be to sift through hundreds of styles and designs. That’s why our representatives are standing by 24/7 at (800) 684-3434 to answer your questions and help you find the perfect treatments for your home.
Thinking about a home improvement project or a remodel of one or more rooms? Where to begin? Technology has made the process a lot easier from easily accessible design sketchers to tips and resources are all just a click away on your computers and smart devices.
- Virtual room designers. Many websites dedicated to design and decor offer a number of tools to help you arrange your space, including Virtual Room Software. These allow you to make 2D and 3D floor plans from the ground up, enabling you to “move” furniture and decor easily without even having to lift a finger! Try this one for example http://www.homestyler.com/designer
- Trend watchers. There are tons of websites and apps that help you stay abreast of current trends and new or upcoming home improvement ideas, colors, materials, etc. Here are a few great sites for such research: HomeTrends.com and Elle Decor.
At the end of the day, it’s always a good idea to consult with reputable companies that have a proven track record in your neighborhood. Such companies usually offer valuable tips, resources, and other helpful information right on their website. Danmer is proud to be one of these companies. Check out our other blogs posts as well as brochures on our website with information regarding safety, product information, design trends, and everyday life hacks for use in your home.
You can always call us directly at (800) 684-3434 to learn more about the latest in window covering products and technology.