So it’s tax season, and whether you’re expecting a refund or arranging to make payments, it’s a great idea to look for ways to cut expenses and save a few bucks in the upkeep of your home. There are actually a number of ways to save just by making simple improvements around the house! Here are five of the most cost effective:
- Replace Your Air Filter. To avoid higher energy bills, replace your air filters annually. Letting furnace air filters become clogged with dust and dirt can make it difficult for air to travel correctly, hence costing you more money to heat your home.
- Seal those heating ducts. Poorly sealed connections can actually cost homes up to 20% of their heat! Sealing up that heating ductwork can help spare a lot of shivers down the road and keep more money in your pocket.
- “Low Flow” water fixtures. “Low flow” is the way to go. They’re relatively inexpensive, easy to install, and can cut your water consumption nearly in half, lowering your water bills and reducing water waste overall.
- Use Weather stripping. Air can seep in and out during hot and cold weather, driving your energy bills up exponentially. Weather stripping is a temporary remedy in preventing unwanted loss of cool air in the summer and warm air in the winter.
- Upgrade you window covering. One way to prevent air loss and reduce energy bills is to invest in energy efficient window coverings. Danmer’s Thermalite™ Shutters Insulating System, for example, can reduce your energy costs by up to 35% while keeping your home warmer in the Winter and cooler in the Summer!
Give Danmer a call at (800) 684-3434 to set up your free in-home consultation to see if the right window coverings can actually pay for themselves in reduce home energy bills, or visit us at www.danmer.com .