Selecting the right Window treatments for your kitchen or bathrooms can be kind of tricky. Moisture from sinks, bathtubs, and other utilities can be really hard on your window coverings. The last thing you want to be replacing your window treatments every few years because of water damage. Fortunately, there are realistic options when it comes to fitting your windows with durable, yet elegant window treatments:
- Thermalite Shutters. Custom designed to fit your windows, Thermalite interior shutters are water-resistant, kitchen and bathroom safe, available in various styles, and guaranteed NEVER to crack, warp, peel or discolor. The right shutters will actually pay for themselves as these are a permanent solution for your window treatments.
- Provenance Woven Wooden Shades. While also resistant to kitchen moisture, Hunter Douglas’s Provenance® Woven Wood Shades offer another functionality to your kitchen: You can open them from the top for maximum light and privacy control.
- Vertical Blinds. Custom Vertical blinds are typically designed to fit your kitchen doors and windows and are highly customizable to fit your décor and your budget. Choose from dozens of modern styles, patterns and colors in both water-resistant fabrics and vinyl.
Ready to give your kitchen and elegant and functional upgrade? Give Danmer a call at (800) 684-3434 for a FREE in-home consultation.
#Danmer #madeinUSA #shutters #blinds #shades #windows #free #kitchen #SoCal
We’re fast approaching the mid-point of 2016, so it’s interesting to see which home trends are thriving in the zeitgeist. Here are five of the hottest trends likely to become kitchen staples for years to come:
– Ying, yang, and neutral tones Black, white, earthy grays and coffee-shaded browns are being used regularly to enhance kitchen spaces and create a more relaxing atmosphere.
– 21st Century accessibility. As with many rooms in the home, the kitchen is evolving to meet our technological needs. For example, charging stations and hand-free phone and tablet mounts are helping to make recipes and cooking videos more easily accessible.
– Functionality. Much like the need for technological accessibility, kitchens are also evolving to accommodate our other needs. The addition of small nooks and ports for refuse, wine refrigerators, and coffee making stations are popping up all over the place.
– Luxury-rugged. As with cabinetry, many kitchens are adopting rougher-looking materials, sans ornamentation, for a sleek, smooth look. Hardwood floors and black slate tiles are a great example of this, and fit well with many custom decors.
Whether undertaking a full kitchen renovation, or just freshening one up, don’t forget to include your window treatments in your epic home transformation. Did you know that Damner specifically color matches custom shutters to fit your home decor perfectly? Visit us online at www.danmer.com, or call us at (800) 684-3434 to set up your free in-home consultation.
Seeing your kitchen windows with brand new shutters for the first time can be a revelation! Who knew the kitchen could take on such a sophisticated look? Well, this is what happens when you invest the right amount of time and energy into your home improvement projects. In the midst of all the excitement to get your renovation done, however, many homeowners overlook one crucial detail that can significantly extend the life span of their new window coverings: the choice of materials for your shutters or blinds.
Your kitchen shutters, for example, must be able to withstand exposure to moisture from the sink , from cooking and from the dishwasher. Choosing shutters for your kitchen – or even a bathroom for that matter – that are made from solid hardwood may not be a wise choice. Over time, wood is guaranteed to warp, chip, peal and even discolor from the effects of water and moisture.
How to avoid this costly mistake? Make sure you get design help from a Window Covering Design Specialist through a FREE in-home consultation right at the beginning of your renovation project. Make sure your selections are a good balance of beauty and function. Chances are you’ll avoid premature wear and tear of your window coverings in the long run.
So EXACTLY what material should you choose for areas of your home that often contain higher amounts of heat and moisture? The answer is a synthetic material for shutters or blinds are your best choice. Genuine Thermalite shutters from Danmer are water resistant, flame retardant, and guaranteed to never crack peel or discolor, making them a perfect fit for kitchens and bathrooms. If you’re looking for a natural wood grain look, select a water resistant faux wood option that will bring elegance to your room, while holding up well in moisture and humidity.
Need more information? Give us a call at (800) 684-3434, or schedule your consultation online at danmer.com