Summer is finally here and you have some time on your hands to clean out the house and get a fresh, organized start to the season. There’s nothing like that first hot summer day where you get to open all of the windows and let fresh air into the house while you clean. While chores like vacuuming and organizing clutter are on most people’s minds, child safety checks may not be.
Danmer Custom Shutters has created a simple safety checklist for you to use:
- Examine all shades & blinds in your home for exposed or dangling cords.
- Make sure there are no accessible cords on the front, side, or back of the product.
- Use Kid Safe Certified cordless window coverings in all homes where children live or visit.
- Position cribs, beds, playpens and other furniture against walls that have no windows and no window cords.
- Permanently anchor all loops on every window covering cord anywhere in your home to the floor or to the wall.
- Ask your Danmer Designer how to replace older window treatments with cordless ones.
Over five million window coverings have been recalled in recent years because of injury and death to babies and young children. Recalled products include vertical and horizontal blinds, roll-up blinds, Roman shades and roller shades.
Strangulations and injury can occur anywhere in the house where children can wrap these chords around their necks or become entangled in the loops. This can happen quickly and silently.
Please use our easy safety checklist to help protect the ones we love.