Window treatments can transform a room, giving a room a whole new look and feel or complement its existing personality. Not only do window treatments add a decorative level to your windows, they can also offer a lot in the way of aesthetic light control. Whether you want soft, filtered light in the baby’s nursery or clear, bright sunlight in the breakfast room, choosing the right window treatments is a key step.
Of course, there are many treatments to choose from – do you want woven wood blinds, cellular shades or custom plantation shutters? Maybe you want to add motorized window blinds. No matter what look you’re trying to create – or enhance! – you’ll find an incredible selection of beautiful window treatments on our website. Because our window treatments are built to last, with comprehensive warranties to match, you can rest assured that you’ll have many years to enjoy both the form and function of our window treatments.
Call us now at (888) 855-1428 and take advantage of our Free In Home Design Consultation, as well as Buy One, Get One 50% Off on all of our custom window treatments.
Whether you’ve been beating the heat with box fans or AC, you may feel like you’ve gotten the last laugh … until the electric bill comes — and then nobody’s laughing. It’s simple math: the hotter it gets, the more energy it takes to cool down, but by treating windows with energy efficient window coverings, such as Danmer’s Thermalite Shutters Insulating System, you can stay cool while slashing home energy bills by up to 35%. Here’s why:
- Maximize R-Value. Thermalite Shutters are great for double pane windows, providing one of the highest R-Value shutter ratings on the market.
- Less Heat Transfer. Using the Thermalite Shutters Insulating System in hot climates reduces the amount of heat transfer that enters into your home.
- Restricts Air Exchange. Thermalite Shutters allow you to control the amount of airflow traveling between your window openings and the outside environment.
- Lower Kilowatt Hours. Saving kilowatt hours means saving on your cooling bill, and Thermalite Shutters assists you in both.
- Enhanced Energy Efficiency. Thermalite Shutters will insulate your home up three-times better than wood shutters.
- Monthly Energy Savings. Energy efficient window coverings pay for themselves by keeping your home warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.
Ready to keep cool while saving some cold hard cash? Call us at (800) 684-3434 for a FREE in-home consultation, featuring Danmer’s Thermalite Shutter Insulating System.
Going on now, Buy One Get One 50% Off Shutters, Blinds or Shades.
We’re fast approaching the mid-point of 2016, so it’s interesting to see which home trends are thriving in the zeitgeist. Here are five of the hottest trends likely to become kitchen staples for years to come:
– Ying, yang, and neutral tones Black, white, earthy grays and coffee-shaded browns are being used regularly to enhance kitchen spaces and create a more relaxing atmosphere.
– 21st Century accessibility. As with many rooms in the home, the kitchen is evolving to meet our technological needs. For example, charging stations and hand-free phone and tablet mounts are helping to make recipes and cooking videos more easily accessible.
– Functionality. Much like the need for technological accessibility, kitchens are also evolving to accommodate our other needs. The addition of small nooks and ports for refuse, wine refrigerators, and coffee making stations are popping up all over the place.
– Luxury-rugged. As with cabinetry, many kitchens are adopting rougher-looking materials, sans ornamentation, for a sleek, smooth look. Hardwood floors and black slate tiles are a great example of this, and fit well with many custom decors.
Whether undertaking a full kitchen renovation, or just freshening one up, don’t forget to include your window treatments in your epic home transformation. Did you know that Damner specifically color matches custom shutters to fit your home decor perfectly? Visit us online at www.danmer.com, or call us at (800) 684-3434 to set up your free in-home consultation.
So it’s tax season, and whether you’re expecting a refund or arranging to make payments, it’s a great idea to look for ways to cut expenses and save a few bucks in the upkeep of your home. There are actually a number of ways to save just by making simple improvements around the house! Here are five of the most cost effective:
- Replace Your Air Filter. To avoid higher energy bills, replace your air filters annually. Letting furnace air filters become clogged with dust and dirt can make it difficult for air to travel correctly, hence costing you more money to heat your home.
- Seal those heating ducts. Poorly sealed connections can actually cost homes up to 20% of their heat! Sealing up that heating ductwork can help spare a lot of shivers down the road and keep more money in your pocket.
- “Low Flow” water fixtures. “Low flow” is the way to go. They’re relatively inexpensive, easy to install, and can cut your water consumption nearly in half, lowering your water bills and reducing water waste overall.
- Use Weather stripping. Air can seep in and out during hot and cold weather, driving your energy bills up exponentially. Weather stripping is a temporary remedy in preventing unwanted loss of cool air in the summer and warm air in the winter.
Give Danmer a call at (800) 684-3434 to set up your free in-home consultation to see if the right window coverings can actually pay for themselves in reduce home energy bills, or visit us at www.danmer.com .
Everyone is going green these days. Whether you’re trying to keep up with the latest trends or you have a deep concern for the environment and our responsibility to protect it, buying eco-friendly products is something everyone seems to be doing. You may think about it at the grocery store or when you buy a new car, but what about your window treatments? Can blinds, shades and shutters be eco-friendly? Absolutely!
If you’re researching eco-friendly window treatments, look for the following characteristics:
- Recycled materials used for the window treatments and in the manufacturing process
- Sustainable materials
- Energy efficiency
- Maximum insulation
Thermalite shutters from Danmer may be your best bet when you’re looking for eco-friendly window treatments. They are made from a synthetic material that looks and feels like wood without using precious natural resources. This material is 100% non-toxic, flame retardant and water resistant, making it not only Eco-friendly but also durable and long-lasting.
Thermalite shutters help the environment by being more energy efficient as well. In fact, they insulate 3 times more than wood which will help drive down your heating and cooling costs.
If you truly prefer the look of real wood shutters, don’t worry. You can find eco-friendly wood shutters as well made from Premier Hardwood that is sustainably harvested and environmentally certified. The areas this wood is harvested from are protected against over farming which can be very damaging to the environment and future tree growth.
You can also find eco-friendly roller shades. Look for materials that are PVC-free and recyclable. Danmer carries SheerWeave fabrics that are eco-friendly but also offer superior light filtration and glare control. Not only do these roller shades look great in any room, they also help to conserve energy and preserve the temperature in the home.
It is easy to find effective, eco-friendly window treatments for your home. Just do a little research into the materials and workmanship before you buy. If you have any questions, contact a design specialist at Danmer today.
What happens with technology meets interior design? Automatic window shades can be practical and functional, but they can also be fun!
Automatic window shades are adjusted with the touch of a button. They are useful because shades can be adjusted even in hard to reach places, large shades are easily opened and closed and privacy can be attained quickly. These automatic shades are operated with remote controls, wall switches or even timers. Here are some cool things you can do with automatic window shades in your home.
1. Cover Window Arches – You know those beautiful arches in your windows? The ones way up high that give the room an elegant look. How annoying is it when the sun hits just the right spot and blinds you in your family room or heats up the whole room because you just can’t cover it? Installing automatic window shades on these hard to reach arches is the answer to your dilemma. Just flip a switch to open or close. It’s that easy!
2. Install Timers or Sun Sensors – Timers and sun sensors are a very cool addition to automatic shades. Timers are great if you know exactly when you want the shades opened or closed. For example maybe you want to keep people from being able to look in when you’re out of town or you like to sleep with the windows covered but you want the sun to shine in when your alarm goes off. Just set the timer and it will all happen automatically. Sun sensors are brilliant. Do you have a couch that suffers from overexposure? Protect your furniture and manage your heating/cooling costs by installing a sun sensor to pull the shades for you. You don’t even have to be home.
3. Get the app! – Believe it or not, some automatic window shades can be controlled from your smartphone. Just download the app and follow the instructions. No matter where you are you can open or close your window shades just by taping the screen.
If you don’t already have automatic window shades, you may want to consider an upgrade. They’re smart, practical and honestly, fun to play with. Whether you’re showing off your fancy windows or just trying to get some shut-eye, you’ll be glad that you installed window coverings that do what you want with the touch of a button.
Many homeowners make the mistake of continually buying cheap, low quality window treatments. Low quality window treatments tend to fail quickly, fade, and generally make a room look rundown. Rather than continually waste your money on cheap metal blinds and flimsy curtains, search out a sturdy window treatment built to be long lasting like plantation shutters.
Shutters Make the Perfect Window Treatments
Plantation shutters made of hardwood or synthetic materials are an excellent choice in window treatments due to their longevity and polished look. Shutters also tend to be easier to clean, as some synthetic varieties have an anti-static quality to repel dust. You will also find that shutters a superior choice for blocking out light for those who prefer a relatively dark room for sleeping or television viewing. As shutters need to be custom made to fit snugly in the windows of your home, choose a shutter company that’s a designer, manufacturer, and installer all in one to save time and money.
When most people start shopping for sun control roller shades, they have no idea that they are made in such a vast array of fabrics. When you decide you want these window treatments, you will need to be prepared to make some big decisions. Requesting a free consultation with one of our skilled designers will help.
Choosing the Right Fabric for Your Window Treatments
These types of window treatments diffuse light, control interior temperatures reduce glare and help to keep your furnishings from fading from the sun. Below is an overview of the quality fabrics used here at Danmer.
- Blackout – These filter out every bit of light and offer a maximum level of privacy. They are ideal for home theaters, nurseries, bedrooms and conference rooms.
- Green – If you are looking for an environmentally friendly option, we have PVC-free solar shades that are 100 percent recyclable.
- Solar Screen – These do not block out all the light; they filter it so they offer protection while still allowing an outside view.
- Microban – Ideal for bathrooms, doctor and dentist offices and spas, these SheerWeave fabrics inhibit the growth of bacteria, mold and mildew, all known for leaving behind stains.
There are many things to consider when choosing window treatments other than the way they will look in the room where you put them. While we have spent the last 30 years offering the world’s finest window shutters in order to provide home owners with highly functional and visually attractive window cover options, we also offer an assortment of additional choices that give you more options for getting the right kind of coverage to meet your needs in every room of your home.
Our Window Treatments Include Custom Made Shutters, Blinds and Shades
Our custom made shutters are the ideal solution for creating more privacy, preventing the transfer of heat in and out of the home, and for controlling the amount of light and fresh air you have filtering inside. Not every individual or every home calls for the use of shutters to add the right finishing touch. We offer the assortment of quality window treatments that will fit every window and door as well as other types of openings in your home. Contact us for more information on the products we have to meet your needs.
Thermalite Bedroom Shutters
Shutters are very popular window treatments for bedrooms, as they can completely darken a room. Eliminating any light that filters in from the outside of your home can greatly benefit your sleep patterns and overall wellness. Darkness allows your body to produce the proper amount of melatonin. Melatonin helps control your body’s sleeping cycle and is believed to help you fall asleep faster and sleep better. Shutters can also help block noise that enters through the window.
The Right Window Treatments Can Improve Your Sleep
Installing shutters in your bedroom can also insulate your room better. Keeping your room cool is also an important factor in helping to improve the quality of your sleep. The ideal temperature of a bedroom is anywhere between 60 and 72 degrees depending on the person. As an added benefit, shutters also provide privacy for your bedroom.